News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Makes sense. Even if people see the headline there are still specifics that can be avoided.

There is no moneypenny! She’s a projection of bond’s alter ego that only he can see. Whoops, another spoiler!

It’s why Boyle left, I hear. He wanted it be Q who was a figment, which Bond would find out when he tried to change their relationship status on Facebook to “It’s complicated”

1 Like

Exactly! And the final straw for Eon was of course Boyle’s post PTS reveal that Blofeld was in fact a psychiatrist researching Bond’s shared hallucination with fellow patient Mallory, in which both believe the ward nurse, Miss Ratchet, is fact in Bond’s second cousin once removed, Nurse I. Bunt.

2 Likes

This time it’s personal.

But in a deeply Freudian way…

“Sometimes a PPK is just a PPK.”

1 Like

And other times it’s a Beretta.

image http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/58/Drno-fn10a.jpg/601px-Drno-fn10a.jpg

:wink:

Or a Browning.

Also yes.

Oh my…

3 Likes

Annapurna heading for trouble…?

Talk was that MGM chose Annapurna for their joint venture because they were the weaker part in the deal. Let’s hope MGM didn’t miscalculate how much weaker Annapurna actually was…

1 Like

Here’s some updated information…

1 Like

I doubt they’ll let it go bankrupt but i wouldnt be surprised if at some point the Bond deal or annapurna gets moved to being a subsidiary of skydance

Goes to show how really everything is constantly subject to change, especially in this business. Even coming from one of the wealthiest families and securing a credit line in the hundreds of millions region doesn’t guarantee success any more.

1 Like

Well she willfully picked very niche films and gave them bigger budgets than they were likely to recoup - good for art and her tax returns (lots of write offs) but it was always a self indulgent exercise rather than a real go for the jugular commercial film studio so perhaps not that surprising

1 Like

I would still like to know why EON chose to go with Annapurna…

Eon or MGM? Or both?

At any rate, on paper Annapurna had probably that certain appeal of quality you would like to see your productions glowing in. I think the potential may have been what tipped the scale, not so much the actual performance and the necessary work to build a joint venture marketing and release. As the article points out, it took just a handful of underperforming films and the ship was taking water.

Since financial power always takes precedent over artful ambitious I suspect EON mainly chose Annapurna to give the bog studios the middle finger.