News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

He confirmed it on twitter though. So there‘s that

Ah, good.

There you go @Navy007Fan, Dan Romer on Twitter was the last official word in regards to composer.

1 Like

Haha definitely not what I was saying - but taste (especially in music) is HUGELY subjective - for example @secretagentfan likes “more variations and a powerful voice” and thats fine - but let’s not poo poo Billie Eilish and her accomplishments (especially for someone so young) because you don’t like her music and probably aren’t who she makes her music for in the first place… Music changes - back in Shirley’s time there was more of a crooner/showtune thing in pop music, then The Beatles etc… and so on - its all just swings and roundabouts - I can think of 10 things i’d call bad before Billie Eilish and the good news is everything else still exists. I hold no particular opinion on her music either way personally

To paraphrase ConneryBond in Diamonds are Forever " Provided the collars and cuffs match" , as long as the song fits the film then really the artist is a moot point.

3 Likes
2 Likes

If we base everything on the past, it would be February before we get confirmation on a singer. But that’s what I like about this time around, nothing has been truly predictable (great short video from Jamaica out of the blue, a full trailer instead of a teaser, huge press event/junket for release of said trailer). I’m hoping the music/singer reveal has a similar surprise, and sooner than later.

1 Like

I see him being called generic by his detractors, and they don’t like his loud, booming sounds, but I’m a fan. However, if Romer is still in place I’m also totally cool with that.

1 Like

The last official word was the press release announcing the title of the film in August

2 Likes

Was it in there? I completely missed that.

Oh, yeah, there it is…but hasn’t that already changed to remove Burns credit in the credits list that came with the trailer?

This film really has us guessing, doesn’t it.

EDIT: even in that one, wasn’t there already a change? I seem to recall CJF having a lesser writing credit than Burns when Bond 25 was announced in Jamaica?

1 Like

Yeah the latest credits from the trailer don’t have Romer - or any of the craftspeople such as Linus, Tiddesley etc. Only real change is the writing credit though with no Burns.

Zimmer with Bruckheimer: loud and simplistic.

Zimmer with Nolan: interesting and trendsetting

1 Like

Isn’t that best described as;

Bruckheimer: loud and simplistic.

Nolan: interesting and trendsetting

So Zimmer, much like David Arnold and John Barry, scores the film you made before anything else.

2 Likes

I find Zimmer’s older scores more melodic, interesting and enjoyable. Backdraft, Crimson Tide, Rain Man.

2 Likes

I recall liking this score a lot.

I also loved his experimental soundscape approach for the dark knight scene building up to Bat’s kidnap of the accountant in Hong Kong.

With title songs you have to wonder how did Bond miss out on …

Alice Cooper, Sade, Kim Wilde, Sting, Sade, Radiohead, David Bowie

but ended up with

Lulu, Alicia Keys and Jack White, Sam Smith, a-ha?

“Up to the minute” doesn’t necessarily mean good.

1 Like

Don’t count Sting out yet, if rumours are anything to go by

Who?

Seven Nation Army being such a dated piece?

2 Likes

In my opinion, the only song that might have been an improvement on the one used, was by an artist not even mentioned above… Blondies’ For Your Eyes Only.
But hey as I have said before the only Bond song I actually liked over the last two decades is the Garbage track, so I am probably not a great barometer.

Just cause it’s Christmas…https://youtu.be/xJZF-skCY-M

Again as a barometer of “good” Bond Song choices I should not be trusted - I love this version!
1 Like