NO TIME TO DIE first trailer (spoiler-free discussion) - Poll added

I have to agree with everyone here. The trailer looks awesome. The cinematography and visuals are great, what little we have of the plot looks good and intriguing, I love the Bond…James Bond line/scene–perfectly done. I love Bond jumping off the bridge, the motorcycle jump, the DB5 360, everything about Ana de Armas, Lashana Lynch’s character looks interesting (I wasn’t too sure how I’d like her character, but from the trailer I give her a thumbs up), the Blofeld scene is good, Rami Malek seems menacing, and the Phantom of the Opera guy looks suitably creepy and dangerous. So I pretty much like it all. If the trailer is anything to go by, a big kudos to the entire No Time To Die/Eon team.

1 Like

I think it’s ok, and it LOOKS promising. However I’m still going to reserve judgment. I’m still worried that it’s going to infested with unwanted PC agendas in order to make Bond more ‘modern and now’.

I want to be worrying over nothing, but with the way Hollywood has been forcing messages in films for the past years? Consider me cautious but curious.

1 Like

Oh gosh! So thrilled!
I’m getting tired of Craig’s “is Bond still relevant?” era, so I didn’t really expect anything from the trailer, but I honestly must say that it’s a blast! Looks fantastic.

Weird thing is, we don’t see Leiter in this trailer…

Yes we do. He’s got a close up at the :32 second mark.

Ok, thanks. Must have missed that. A good reason to re-watch it again…

1 Like

Anyone think the “History is not kind to men who play God” line is a deliberate nod to Bond’s “Our asylums are filled with men who think they’re Napolean…or God” from DR. NO?

2 Likes

Perhaps it was in their minds when writing it but there was also Craig saying “Visionaries - psychiatric wards are full of them” in Spectre…

Had to watch it a dozen times before I voted. I remember being not as impressed with the first look at SP. This has so much potential to be a blockbuster. At the risk of coming across pessimistic, I am slightly concerned about the score. However if the snippets of music we heard in this are indicative, then my concern is vastly minimized.

Indeed. Megalomania is a concept that applies to many Bond villains, so I don’t read too much Dr. No linking into it…(Frankly I’m puzzled by the seeming desire around here to see the character be revealed as Dr. No.)

Bloody hell! Wasn’t expecting it to be that good. My hype-ometer just went into overdrive. If this is Craig’s last one, it certainly looks like he’s going out on an all time high.

1 Like

Liked it a lot. Beautiful cinematography, really bringing the color out. Production design looks very Ken Adam in places (2:02, 2:14) but with the presentation of modern lighting and cinematography. Pretty excited!

I don’t know where the rumors came from. Anyone care to enlighten me?

A news outlet (CBS maybe?) reported that Malek was playing Dr. No about a week after Malek gave an interview saying Dr. No was his favorite. That started it and it never went away.

Oh, and Naomie Harris looks beautiful and ageless. :heart_eyes:

Highly unlikely that this is a piece of the score from the film. Usually, a separate entity does trailer music. And it really is mainly the Bond theme re-arranged. Well done, though.

1 Like

Now the champagne problem: this trailer is so good that I won’t be able to keep myself from watching it too many times until April (or the next trailer).

Looks fun. Will probably go and see it.

3 Likes

Probably go…???

Initial thoughts:

DC looks and sounds great.

Lea Seydoux’s character having a secret that prompts her to ask why would I betray you – I really hope this ties into Vesper’s betrayal, emotionally, with Bond. I.e. perhaps he can’t trust her, and it is his journey throughout the film to learn to trust and commit to a woman, after what Vesper did to him.

The burn and the acting gives the villain a dead-eyed, doll-like aura, which is quite sinister and unnerving. I like.

Getting the DB5 to effectively do an up to the minute urban street ‘drag’ or whatever the kids would call it, to take out a circle of goons, very clever.

1 Like

When I saw the clip of this being filmed on one of the Instagram links, and saw the empty shell casings being expelled via the side vents of the Aston, I hoped there and then that there would be a close up shot of the casings being expelled as the Aston circled. A side on view with the casings being strewn left to right across the screen.

It is captured. And looks magnificent.