NO TIME TO DIE first trailer (spoiler-free discussion) - Poll added

And a warm welcome to you, archer. Thanks for signing up. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the film as the months progress.

Very interesting interview with EON:

And the first Heineken trailer - pretty funny:

1 Like

Thanks! Very interesting indeed.

From all I read, my only fear is the way they emphasize on the “emotionally engaging film” thing… I fear we might yet again get another “psycho issues” Bond with which I’m seriously growing fed-up.

1 Like

Awesome heineken clip :slight_smile: I think mastercard did one just like it but wirh Pierce Brosnan :grin:

This better.

2 Likes

New Super Bowl Spot promising that the “25th Bond film will change everything”…

Note the last sentence being spoken in there…

2 Likes

And new character posters…

http://www.impawards.com/2020/no_time_to_die_ver14.html

The marketing thrust has been slightly different to years past.

1. A full trailer as opposed to a shorter teaser first. Does anyone think there will be a second full trailer.

2. A ‘sort of’ teaser poster that never got printed, followed by one character / teaser poster of Bond which seemed to cover a couple of bases. Does anyone think there will be a Main poster for this campaign, or is this it?

We’ve had character posters and a teaser so far. Based on SPECTRE, we’ll get more. An ‘official’ design (SPECTRE had the white tuxedo image), something for the IMAX release, a variant design (SPECTRE had Bond in a business suit standing next to Madeleine) and a couple of banners.

My totally uninformed guess is that we’ll get a ‘fuller’ trailer start of March that fleshes out the plot and a slew of posters, with a principle one plastered everywhere around the Ides.

Even though the first trailer was longer than most teasers it was still essentially a teaser, since everything was suggestive with no conclusive plot reveals.

By comparison, both SPECTRE and Skyfall had hundreds of posters.

Concentrating on just SPECTRE, across the UK / English language International sector, there were the following;

SPECTRE V1 Teaser Quad - Coming Soon
SPECTRE V1 Teaser Quad - Coming Soon IMAX
SPECTRE V1 Quad - Coming Soon IMAX - Cineworld Competition
SPECTRE V1 Quad - Coming Soon - Showcase Competition
SPECTRE V1 UK 1 Sheet - Grey - Coming Soon - Showcase Competition
SPECTRE V1 UK 1 Sheet - Grey - Coming Soon
SPECTRE V1 UK 1 Sheet - Grey - Coming Soon IMAX
SPECTRE V1 US 1 Sheet - White - Coming Soon
SPECTRE V1 US 1 Sheet - White - Coming Soon IMAX
SPECTRE V1 US 1 Sheet - White - November
SPECTRE V1 US 1 Sheet - White - November IMAX
SPECTRE V2 Quad - October 26
SPECTRE V2 Quad - October 26 IMAX
SPECTRE Quad - Piracy Warning
SPECTRE Quad - Piracy Warning - without FACT logos
SPECTRE V2 UK 1 Sheet - Coming Soon
SPECTRE V2 UK 1 Sheet - Coming Soon - IMAX
SPECTRE V2 US 1 Sheet - November 6
SPECTRE V2 US 1 Sheet - November 6 IMAX
SPECTRE V3 US 2 Sheet - Bus Shelter

These are from my collection.

Admittedly, many of these variations were date-lead and Imax-lead changes but, by comparison, I believe with this film, we are seeing the beginning of the charge to drastically reduce paper output.

To wit, in my county (Berkshire) of the UK, both my neighbouring cinemas are no longer using either posters or banners. There exist screens but even these are not showcasing digital examples of the various artworks available. Of all the character ‘posters’, so far, only Bond has been committed to paper, as a teaser poster. Safin and the two girls, along with Bond have been committed to vinyl banners. But the rest are digital only.

1 Like
3 Likes

Weird - did anybody know this new short trailer was released yesterday?

It’s the same Oscars spot! Which I posted here Monday

2 Likes

It was shown in the states prior to the Oscars, so it was inevitable to come out online soon afterwards.

1 Like

I think why the scene where Craig is shown to be jumping over the bridge looks a bit - wrong, is because;

1. On the bridge, the sun is casting a shadow perpendicular to the bridge, (in effect from behind Bond) but;
  2. On the shot of Bond, the sun is seemingly shining along the length of the bridge…

To follow the initial casting of sunlight, Bond’s face, when seen head on, should actually be in shadow.

2 Likes
2 Likes

This is basically just them reposting the Daily Mail article. I don’t know Unilad, are they any more reputable than the Daily Mail?