No Time to Die Official Podcast

You know the sound you will hear next?

4 Likes

The official podcast is coming back from September 9

5 Likes

They just posted a two minute alert on the podcast - only a couple of days until the next episode now.

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Podcast us live, a new version of Episode 1 which now also includes Covid delay talk, and episode 2.

3 Likes

Listening to ep1. I know P&W are a favoured punching bag, but the two of them are very interesting to talk to.

Later you can hear CJF’s excitement about having a full cast of characters to play with. I seem to recall that list of inherited cast from the other 4 films was one of the first things he talked about . if i remember it right it was asking in regards of Waltz potentially returning - he was saying that, if the character turns up, it would be Waltz, as inheriting a full set of not just characters, but renowned actors playing them was a major selling point for him as it was something he hadn’t done before.

1 Like

I have noticed how small percentage of contemporary movies have several “renowned actors” in them (MCU excepted), as compared with the movies of Classical Hollywood (and even some in the 1970s).

An interesting study would be to see how cinematic form has adapted to this new reality, i.e., what formal elements have been made more prominent to compensate for the generally lower level of acting skills.

Because I am a geek:

Nine films have earned a record 5 acting nominations:

Mrs. Miniver–1942
All About Eve–1950
From Here to Eternity–1953
On the Waterfront–1954
Peyton Place–1957
Tom Jones–1963
Bonnie and Clyde–1967
The Godfather Part II–1974
Network–1976

1 Like

I think it’s the same, it’s just how many films fade into obscurity. Bond has a wealth because Cubby and, now his kids, have always been very good at their jobs in cultivating a wide range of good relationships.

I mean, does anyone see Shia LaBeouf or Kristen Stewart being remembered in 30 years time?

2 Likes

Kristin Stewart, definitely. I am not a fan but I respect her for her wide range of roles, currently impressing critics in the new Diana film.

Shia? Unfortunately, he seems to have sabotaged his career, maybe due to his emotional state.

I think the podcast has been pretty good so far. Decent insights and some interesting bits. Definitely getting the excitement levels up again.

2 Likes

I like how each one (so far) has given us insight to crew we rarely hear from (like Debbie McWilliams for instrance) as well as the on-screen talent. But most of all, I like how we get tid-bits that stear clear of spoilers.

1 Like

Episode 3 of the podcast available today. Babs once again reinforcing the fact that NTTD HAS to be seen in the cinema first time round.
The episode itself was ok. More rambling about Jamaica being Bond’s spiritual home etc
And Purvis and Wade talking about which Fleming book they took their inspiration from for this film, which is pretty obvious if you have seen the various trailers.
Some interesting stuff about the shooting locations…a 1 min clip from DC and that’s about it…

I don’t own an iPhone or other Apple products. How can I get access to this podcast?

I guess by buying an Apple device :woozy_face:

However, if I may be so blunt: this podcast is just a puff piece regurgitating everything you already know about Bond. You’re not missing out on anything.

3 Likes

You can get podcast apps for other devices, too. The podcast is on Spotify which may be available on Android, etc.

1 Like

That is comforting, SAF. Because I hate missing out on the fun. Relatedly, here in the USA we’re getting NTTD about a week later than the UK and much of Europe, so I’ll need to deactivate my phone’s notification settings, lest it suggest articles and the like with spoilers in the titles. That actually happened to me when I failed to watch an episode of the Mandalorian within two days (!) of its release; my phone / google sent me articles that spoiled (in the title) a major character return. If that happens with NTTD, I’ll be fuming.

And thank you, Single-0-Seven, for the Spotify recommendation. I just found it there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since I won’t go to the cinema I will watch NTTD the way I watched the Bond films when I was young and had to wait to catch them during revivals: I will read everything. Spoilers will be just information. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you won’t be seeing it in theaters, SAF, but I am glad you are making a responsible decision by prioritizing your safety and health.

2 Likes

After listening to the new episode about Bond music I am massively disappointed. Overheated old statements which don’t reveal anything we can expect from Zimmer. The small snippet of Cuban music was as illuminating as putting on Arnold‘s Cuba track from DAD.

I know that these podcasts are just another marketing tool. And I also know that Zimmer is one of the biggest PR-windpipes around, having perfected the game of talking a lot and saying nothing of substance. But really, these are a waste of a fan‘s time. Everyone could give those answers using those cliches: being a fan, John Barry is the master, the theme, classics, typical sound, blablabla.

Since Zimmer‘s actual score has not had any tracks previewed (something he regularly does, even for DUNE), I‘m beginning to wonder why they hide it. This podcast would have been the ideal chance to at least preview a few seconds of the score.

2 Likes