NO TIME TO DIE Spoilers (production pictures & videos)

They had for me, like I said it is subjective, we never meet the person in charge of the group, and in the film the group being called Quantum is never established, Quantum, in the context of word as it appears in the film, could have been the name they had for the operation of having embedded agents in foreign governments, much like Greenes scheme is called Tierra. Coupled with the fact tie-in promotion for CR seeds Oberhauser and his mysterious disappearance…

…also Fleming had the group change their name, so it works that, if we use the assumption the whole group is Quantum, they change their name as part of damage control for Greene being compromised.

Trivia from Mendes via Empire; the organisation from Craig’s first 2 returned in Bond 24 before the names Blofeld and Spectre did, initially being revealed to be led by what became C.

2 Likes

DaltonBond and BrosnanBond also have the memory of LazenbyBond’s wife.

Della: You know the tradition. The one who catches this (garter) is the next one who…
Bond: No. walks away
Della: Oh James.
throws garter, Bond catches
Della: Did I say something wrong?
Leiter: He was married once, but that was a long time ago.

Trevelyan: Or if you’ve found forgiveness in the arms of all those willing women, for all the dead ones you failed to protect.

Elektra: Tell me, have you ever lost a loved one Mr. Bond?
awkward pause, Bond dodges question
Bond: M sent me because we thought your life might be in danger.

They might even remember being in the book…

Definitely the Benson ones.

Yeah, but, you know - Diana Rigg really is da bomb!

1 Like

It’s behind a pay wall, but it’s an interview with someone who worked on set. From the headline, there were about 300 poeple on set.

Minor spoilers about the PTS:

1 Like

Funny, when I heard Italy was going to be used again I wondered if they were going to go that route and have some sort of moment like that. I believe that a similar rumor circulated during scouting for the Rome shoot last time as well. That location is spectacular, imagine seeing that lensed in all its 65mm glory.

Questions:

What car will Bond be driving? Did he bring the DB5 to Italy?
Why is Bond in Italy in the first place? For the sole purpose of mourning an old flame?
If so, who could this be? Perhaps Lucia was finally disposed of by SPECTRE?
Does Madeleine survive the car chase?
What stunts do they have planned to set this apart from the other chases?

It’s getting good, folks. Let the sport commence.

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll see Lucia again. It’s a shame as she really should have had a much larger role in retrospect.

I’m just wondering what old flame he’s mourning while in Italy, and as we know, Lucia is Italian. Vesper seems to be the obvious answer given the importance she has with CraigBond. Not sure how Matera fits in with her, though. A shrine of some kind placed there in her memory?

I can understand that thinking, but I can’t imagine why he’d be mourning Lucia. He knew her for literally like an hour. He knew Severine longer than that and showed zero remorse for her death. Though he did show remorse for Fields and he only knew her for a few hours…

That’s debatable. “Never let them see you bleed.” :wink:

It has to be Vesper. And Madeleine will die at the end of the PTS because Bond could escape with her during the car chase but he will discover that she is fatally shot and he could not save her.

Cue the title sequence.

Then Bond goes back to the only constant in his life, work. M will warn him: don‘t make this personal. He will assign him a female young agent he will have to protect and vice versa, learning to trust and to let go while also confronting and ending his nemesis: Blofeld.

Chapter 2 of On Her Majesty’s Secret Service refers to Bond visiting Vesper’s grave every year at Royale-les-Eaux, so this could be a smart reference to that.

Potentially open the film with Bond at the grave, then drives away with Madeleine before a car chase, ending with her dying?

I hope it’s the DB5 involved, otherwise I’m struggling to see how they’ll make the case seem truly different to previous chases. That will be three Italy car chases in four films.

5 Likes

Look i think its very clear he will visit Vespers grave before he goes to the delicatessen, tastefully decorated in stainless steel that he runs with Madeline that they took it over when the asset was seized from Blofeld after he was arrested. The new film is actually them going on a food journey through europe - its really lovely

3 Likes

I’ve missed the leak that suggests the whole grave thing, so I’m guessing here, but It seems very odd and a hard sell (in a script) to have Bond take his current love to his deceased love’s grave.

If it happens I look forward to finding out what contrivance the writers came up with to make this plausible…

INT. LOG CABIN / MIDDLE OF NOWHERE - DAY

Bond and Madeline are cozied up on the sofa drinking mugs of hot cocoa and marshmallows in front of a log fire.

Bond: “Look, Maddy, I love you, but before we have a life together I need to go to Italy and say goodbye to someone very special.”
Maddy: “More special than me?”
Bond: “Well, she’s the only other woman i’ve loved, so you’re roughly about the same.”
Maddy: “Oh! Right! How long will you be?”
Bond: “I want you to come too.”
Maddy: “Really! Why?”
Bond: “Er, good question!!! Well i suppose i’d like her to meet you…”
Maddy: “I don’t want to meet your ex! What on earth will I say to her?”
Bond: “Don’t worry about that, she’s dead.”
Maddy: “What! Well I can’t really meet her then, can I!”
Bond: “Yeah, that is a bit weird, isn’t it?. How about this: If I leave you on your own you might get killed, like she did.”
Maddy: “Is that why she died - because you left her on her own?”
Bond: “No, she was with me at the time.”
Maddy: “Riiiight! You know, I think i’ll just hang out here and catch up on Game of Thrones while you do your thing with your dead ex. I mean, we did come here because it’s safe and no one can find us, right, so it’d be crazy for me to go gallivanting off to SPECTRE’s favourite country, Italy. You can tell your dead Italian ex I said Hello
Bond: “Vesper’s not Italian.”
Maddy: “Er, I think you’ll find that Vespers are very Italian.”
Bond: “Vesper was a lovely English rose.”
Maddy: “Maybe they thought she was a moped and shipped her corpse off to Italy. I’m a bit bored of talking about your ex, James!”
Bond: “Oh, please come with me, Maddy! I promise you won’t get killed like she did and we’ll be back in time for series 8 of Thrones!”

INT. ASTON MARTIN DB5 / MATERA - DAY

Bond is holding a limp Maddy in his arms, a single bullet hole in the centre of her forehead.

Bond: “Not again!”

No wonder the script’s taking so long to finish :woozy_face:

Vesper does seem to be the obvious answer. I think we’re going to get the original intention of Lazenby’s hypothetical DAF PTS. We’ve already had Madeleine and Bond driving away happily ala the original planned ending of OHMSS. And indeed, I know people complain about the DB5, but I’m also hoping it’s what they use for the scene. It screams Bond. The Goldeneye Ferrari/DB5 chase was exciting. Perhaps we could get some DB5 machine gun use during the chase as well.

I’d like that. I think it would look pretty great in the winding streets of Matera too.

Of course, maybe Madeleine meets her end after accidentally pressing the ejector seat button… :wink:

If Madeleine has to die I’m open to alternatives to her being shot.

The Death Collector is my preferred title choice at the moment, by the way. Referencing the pile of bodies Bond has accumulated over the films, with Madeleine joining that list. And also referencing Blofeld himself, provided he returns.

2 Likes