No Time to Die theme song

Soundtrack available to pre-order on Amazon UK

2 Likes

THAT is badass.

I hope it releases early in the states as well.

6 Likes

Absolutely brilliant. My most anticipated album in years.

I’ve decided my favourite part of the song is “I let it burn, you’re no longer my concern.”

I love the guy.

Can’t wait to see the track list…

would suggest a bit like “You Know My Name” we might be getting an orchestral version of the title song in the film and the released version is a radio mix of it to appeal to her fans/radio etc

OR we’re getting as we saw in Skyfall and Spectre - one track in the soundtrack which is an orchestral instrumental of the title track and the rest of the score is completely devoid of the title song (most likely)

Thanks for the link.

Actually now I know what’s wrong with the song: the vocals! Without her singing, the track is actually good (eventhough I still find it lacks a bit of pace). But what ruins it is when she sings…
An instrumental version would be great!

I think thematically there’s no way around a comparatively dark and heavy tune - the slightest note of cwumbal and it turns into parody syrup. That leaves only two ways, go big and cold - Depeche Mode/Rammstein big and cold - or small and fragile and intimate. I think Eilish transports just that feeling, it’s her strong sleeve.

5 Likes

Not something I can bare on my earphones… However, they work very well in a movie. I love the way Lynch used them in Lost Highway:

It makes a hell of an impact! I can really imagine Zimmer collaborating well with their sound (should he return…)

Btw, I’ve long pined for a Depeche Mode Bond theme, but alas its probably too late — Computer says No in the marketing department.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s about capturing the mood of that particular moment in the film. DAD can be torturous to some, but the overall tone of the film isn’t what the title sequence depicts.

1 Like
5 Likes

Eon know what they’re doing

7 Likes

You can’t get any better than having the biggest opening week of all time for a Bond theme. The song hasn’t just been released and forgotten about. I do see it featuring during awards season.

5 Likes

It’s No.1 in the UK charts. Only “Writing’s on the Wall” managed that before in the UK.

The only song to get to No.1 in the USA is Duran Duran’s AVTAK.

For those curious… separated vocals/instrumental stems from Billie’s song are out there on Twitter…

4 Likes

Since listening to it on the radio , I’ve changed my opinion and it sounds rather good. Better than Sam Smith’s Writing’s on the wall

2 Likes

It’s actually one of my favourite songs from the series. Never expected to find myself saying that.

2 Likes

Still strange AVTAK is the only one to reach number on the Billboard Hot 100. Nobody Does It Better and Live and Let Die both reached number 2. For Your Eyes Only reached number 4. Curiously, If You Asked Me To reached number 4, while Licence to Kill didn’t even chart.

Main Theme Charting US Billboard Hot 100/UK Singles:

James Bond Theme (Dr. No): 1 for US Dance Club Songs (strange), 0 for Hot 100, 8 UK singles
From Russia With Love: did not chart, 20
Goldfinger: 8, 21
Thunderball: 5, 35
You Only Live Twice: 44, 11
We Have All The Time In The World: did not chart in 1969, 3 UK Singles 1994
Diamonds Are Forever: 57, 38
Live and Let Die: 2,9 (the Guns 'N Roses version actually charted higher in the UK in 1991 reaching 5)
The Man With The Golden Gun: did not chart
Nobody Does It Better: 2, 7
Moonraker: did not chart
For Your Eyes Only: 4, 8
All Time High: 36, 75
A View To A Kill: 1, 2
The Living Daylights: did not chart, 5
Licence to Kill: did not chart, 6
Goldeneye: did not chart, 10
Tomorrow Never Dies: did not chart, 12
The World Is Not Enough: did not chart, 11
Die Another Day: 8, 3
You Know My Name: 79, 7
Another Way To Die: 81, 9
Skyfall: 8, 2
Writing’s On The Wall: 71, 1
No Time To Die: 16, 1

After A View to a Kill reached number 1, no Bond track charted on the Hot 100 until Die Another Day in 2002. This, despite the fact, that 3 Bond songs in that span were sung by Americans.

3 Likes

Speaks volumes about the qualitative value of chart position.