Profile picture

Are there any options for profile picture besides Gravatar, like uploading a jpeg? I’m unfamiliar with Gravatar and don’t know how it works. Specifically, I wouldn’t want to use a photo of a Bond villain as my regular photo for anything outside of here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Would love to be able to say something different, but unfortunately: No.

Thanks for the reply. For my information, where else does Gravatar share the photo you’re using? I wouldn’t mind using it so long as people outside this site aren’t seeing a Bond villain as a stand-in for me – it might give people the wrong impression LOL.

I first had the same reservations. But from what I understand, your Gravatar image will only appear in those forums and networks that you specifically link to it. There’s no “global” profile pic that would appear in each and every thing you’re connected to. Actually, my profile pic only appears here. So “the only question remains: will you yield, in time?” :wink:

4 Likes

I second that. Initially we would have liked to have alternatives to Gravatar. But so far we haven’t had any complaints, it does what it should very well.

Hi everyone, I am keen to add a profile pic but not sure how to do it? Can someone please help me?

It’s not difficult, @DaveBond21 .

You create an account at Gravatar, then just load up an image you want to use. And that’s already it, Gravatar does the rest.

Hey, no big deal, but I don’t seem to be able to unselect my assigned profile picture to go with my Gravatar.

Gravatar Query

Is there anything I’m missing?

Thank you.

1 Like

Seeing this only now, sorry for the delay.

Do you have a Gravatar profile, @SafariSuit ?

No worries, I do, it’s here. Thank you.

1 Like

Okay.

System should ask you to link up with Gravatar - no idea why it doesn’t let you.

Going to investigate…

2 Likes

We are working on this.

1 Like

And if it is not corrected by 12 noon PST, our laser satellite weapon will destroy Kansas (Whyte Enterprises had a terrific Black Friday sale–got it for a John Barry song).

8 Likes

But the world wouldn’t hear about it for years…

5 Likes

Thanks, appreciate it.

1 Like

Still?

As Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr observed: “Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.”

1 Like

Any update on the profile pictures?

Sadly, not yet. There has been a problem with the Gravatar provider that’s apparently still not sorted. We’ll come back to this ASAP once we’ve got a solution.

1 Like

Thank you for the update.

Hi all,

“New” to CBn here (first time back on the forums since maybe 2004 actually), I’ve created a new profile and am just getting the hang of the new forum interface.

Also having issues with my profile picture (have updated my Gravatar) and was wondering if the situation has been resolved yet? I’m only getting an option for “system assigned profile picture” and nothing else.

Cheers!