Project 007 - IO Interactive

Hitman 3 deluxe edition pre-ordered. Hoping for some Bond Easter eggs given their Sean Bean and exploding pen past and their 007 looking future.

1 Like

As expected, Hitman 3 is getting great reviews. Can’t wait to play it.

Edit: This article is relevant -

1 Like

I am so psyched for this game that having to wait till mid-day to play it is killing me!

Finished the story (I know, no-one plays Hitman games for the story)

Apart from the Knives Out style level, it’s all VERY Bond. They WANTED that licence (to kill)

Hitman has always been very Bond-like (except for the very first game). I’ll get to Hitman 3 sometime in the near future.

Unrelated, I’m totally convinced we will be playing this game long before we ever see No Time To Die.

Playstation 7 will be here before NTTD.

New info on the game - original Bond not based on any other previous actors, original story that could lead to a trilogy of games.

4 Likes

Another tidbit: Barbara Broccoli didn’t think previous Bond games were “worthy enough” and violent “for the sake of violence”; IOI’s pitch though convinced her

Mid-90’s gaming in a nutshell?

1 Like

I mean to this day a ton of gaming is violent for the sake of violence (Fortnite, CoD etc…) - i imagine she probably didn’t think much of any of the Bond videogames except maybe the EA ones which were more cinematic experiences (probably the Activision ones would be the worst offenders). I can’t imagine she is much of a gamer either, but glad they have made a good decision here

1 Like

This is perhaps the key issue: it’s difficult to decide on a market and project you don’t really follow closely. Why are certain titles a success while others only exist in their niche? Most of it you can only appreciate from inside the gamer scene.

I agree they weren’t worthy. They were one-note shooters. Nightfire was a FPS but it seemed to have that Bond charm, whereas 007 Legends and the like didn’t. I’m not concerned about the gameplay with IO Interactive. I’m confident they’ll be able to do it, but I’m more focused on them giving the videogame Bond a personality. To make the games feel uniquely Bond.

Everything I’ve been wanting.

Goldeneye 007 on the N64 reigns supreme.

I still like the EA trilogy of Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, and Everything or Nothing

1 Like

Barbara would see this and know she made the right decision choosing IO.

Hitman 3 recoups project costs in under a week:

“Do you like spies? Of course you do, EVERYONE loves spies”

NPC dialogue in Hitman 3

I’m guessing they’re very happy about a certain contract they got…

Except Ubisoft…Konami. Give me a new Splinter Cell and a née Metal Gear dammit. Better yet, let’s get the completed version of MGSV. #releasethekojimacut

A job listing on the IO website asking for a writer to produce “character-driven scenes with substantial dialogue”.

1 Like

I’m very excited for this! I would probably rather it not be an origin, “earn your double O”, story (is this the first time this has been mentioned?) however I am very happy that it’s an original story.
It would be fantastic if it was set in the '50s or '60s and I can imagine the developers could have a lot of fun with that.

It was in their initial announcement. They seem to be trying to emphasise that it’s IO’s take on Bond, not tied to the books or films.

1 Like