RIP - Paying Respects to those we've Lost

I was just watching TSWLM the other day - his biggest of three Bond appearances.
Like Cec Linder and Bruce Boa, a Canadian actor who make a career playing Americans on British TV and film.
Always a treat when he showed up in something (early Doctor Who, The Dogs of War, etc.). Rest in peace, dear man.

3 Likes

Batman Begins and Fraiser are two of his non-Bond appearances that spring to my mind - his appearances are tiny, but he’s treated like this is an actor who deserves respect.

1 Like

I remember seeing a TV documentary movie a while ago in which he played, and I was so happy when I realized it’s him. Even though he only played small roles in the Bond movies, he was one of the greats of the franchise.

R.I.P.

4 Likes

Rough day, sad news. RIP Scott Tracy.

1 Like

Indeed a fine character actor among some other American and Canadian talents who found great steady work in the UK in TV and film. RIP Shane and thanks.

3 Likes

Loved Shane Rimmer and was always happy to see him show up anywhere, but most of all as Capt Carter in TSWLM ( “Whats the matter, sailor? Never seen a Major taking a shower before?” )

There’s a scene in the “UFO” series where he’s piloting folks in a spiffy jet/shuttle and we’re obviously supposed to be wowed by the model work, but I’m just thinking “hey, it’s Shane Rimmer!” Then I go back to ogling Wanda Ventham…

I remember watching the climactic train scene in “Batman Begins” and thinking what utter nonsense it was, then I spotted (an older) Shane in a bit part (back in a control room, like old times!) and suddenly it was all worth it. My wife thought I was crazy. Not the first time.

Sad to think I don’t have any more scene-saving cameos to look forward to. RIP, Shane.

4 Likes

That was me, too. Such a nostalgic rush to see Shane appear during BB.

Rest In Peace.

3 Likes

Reports suggest Tania Mallet has died, although I can’t find it confirmed anywhere

from the official 007 website. RIP Tilly.

3 Likes

I always liked her best of all the girls in GF, despite her limited screen time. RIP.

Sad news about Shane Rimmer (love him in TSWLM) and also Tania Mallet (one of the most naturally beautiful Bond girls).

I just read about Tania. Very sad news. RIP.

Me too. It’s a shame her character has such a diminished role compared the Tilly of the book. RIP

David Arnold joined many others paying tribute to Scott Walker who performed his song “Only Myself to Blame” in The World Is Not Enough:

" My heart sank, like it can only do when you hear something you hope isn’t true. Goodbye Scott Walker. Anyone who has ever sung, or written, or aspired to be an artist will appreciate how incredibly important and vital Scott was. He could interpret and deliver a song like no one else. He was fearless and pure and driven and magnificent. I was beyond lucky he agreed to sing a song I’d written with Don Black that I still can’t believe he did . R.I.P"

1 Like

Tania Mallet - oh dear. This is awful.

A beautifully refined look, her Goldfinger pictures were piercingly lovely. Even to this day, her look transcended the eras, imho.

RIP.

RIP Scott Walker, Shane Rimmer, and Tania Mallet.

I kinda liked Only Myself To Blame and was disappointed when it wasn’t on the end credits of The World Is Not Enough and instead we got another rehash of the James Bond Theme.

I loved Rimmer in The Spy Who Loved Me. His Capt. Carter is my third favorite ally of the series trailing only the great Pedro Armendariz’s Kerim Bey in From Russia With Love and Topol’s Milos Columbo in For Your Eyes Only. And yes, I too, went “Hey, that’s Shane Rimmer!” when I saw him in the control room in Batman Begins.

Tania was the most beautiful of all the Goldfinger girls–especially in her all-black outfit.

2 Likes

Wasn’t Shane Rimmer also the voice of Hamilton in Live and Let Die?

He was indeed.

Nadja Regin :cry:

RIP

4 Likes