RIP - Paying Respects to those we've Lost

Yes sad news, and just a week after we said goodbye to Tania Mallet.

Deadline.com is reporting that David Picker, former president of United Artists at the time the Bond film series became one of the most successful in cinema history, has passed away at age 87 of colon cancer complications.

1 Like

He made some good comments in favour of Connery’s battles with the producers on the EON film of 2012.

That while the producers were renegotiating their contract with UA, and keeping themselves happy, they weren’t renegotiating anything with Connery. He completely sympathised with Connery’s woes.

Fair play sir

RIP.

One of the last ‘old school’ greats. RIP.

We also recently lost Terry Rawlings, editor of Goldeneye. He was 85.

5 Likes
1 Like

Too bad it was Not Sanders…Bernie Sanders…

Not cool man.

And you’re out for a time, mate

EDIT:
No. On sober reflection, let’s make that for good.

9 Likes

RIP, accordingly.

5 Likes

Sad news as Peter Mayhew has joined his buddy Han in the great beyond. You will be missed Chewie.

Another legend gone. R.I.P.

Sad news

Sad news indeed.

Won’t be a happy Star Wars Day tomorrow.

RIP

Very very sad to hear this…
RIP

A tragic loss indeed! It was really painful since GoldenEye was the film that changed my life and made me a Bond fan. Here are some obits/memorial articles I wrote:

May he rest in peace… :sob:

1 Like

Not associated with Bond, but a major legend of the film business in her own right…

1 Like

Sad news. Quite the legend. She even did a spy spoof with Richard Harris “Caprice” in the late 60’s. Her rom-coms with Rock Hudson and James Garner are still fun.

RIP indeed.

‘The Glass-Bottom Boat’ was another soft spy romp with Rod Taylor. It introduced her signature ditty ‘Que Sera Sera.’

3 Likes

I saw “Midnight Lace” recently and enjoyed it as a nice, taut thriller.

Oh, man, the real Hollywood stars are leaving us…