RIP - Paying Respects to those we've Lost

Fred Ward.

Damn. I just ordered the Remo Williams-Arrow bluray in order to rewatch his work in the Christopher Wood-written and Guy Hamilton-directed underrated 80‘s actioner.

4 Likes

Shocking to wake up to this. RIP to former Australian cricketer Andrew ‘Roy’ Symonds, who died overnight age 46 in a car crash. Roy was one of my favourites. I have fond memories watching him play while growing up and later enjoying him as a commentator on television. He joins Rod Marsh and Shane Warne who also recently passed away.

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear it.

R.I.P.

3 Likes

I remember this movie being touted as the next big film series, all set to challenge, or at the very least emulate, the James Bond series.

Upon viewing it, it was never going to do that but Fred himself seemed a likable and watchable chap.

RIP.

1 Like
3 Likes

“As far back as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to be a gangster.” A great actor, RIP sir.

Damn. RIP Ray. :pensive:

1 Like
1 Like

Gutted. Andy was a founding member and his contributions to the music they made together spesk volumes.

I’m stunned. He always seemed like the sensible, clean living one of the three as well :sob:

1 Like

Speechless

Another legendary actor gone:

3 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

Oh man. RIP, sir. You’re impact on popular culture will continue for another 60 years.

7 Likes

Sad news indeed.

Mr. Norman, your decision to re-use/re-work “Good Sign, Bad Sign” from the play A House For Mr. Biswas was absolute genius. And, when combined with John Barry’s orchestration, it was pure gold, and the start of an iconic character’s unbelievable cinematic run that is still going strong today. Your music dramatically introduced Sean Connery as 007 to worldwide movie goers in the most iconic way at the gaming table in Dr. No. All one has to do is hear those few chords and they instantly recognize the James Bond Theme. And the tune works whenever it is used whether it be for action, suspense, or just going about a room looking for bugs! You helped give our favorite hero the best theme song of all time and helped define his epic coolness. The James Bond series would not be what it is today without your indelible input. Thank you, sir. R.I.P.

7 Likes

I recall his role in S2 of Twin Peaks and The Omen of course. Somehow I’d forgotten he was in Time Bandits.

5 Likes

A brilliant actor, it’s a loss to the profession

3 Likes