RIP - Paying Respects to those we've Lost

Without him there would not have been Star Wars, and I would not have become a movie fan.

So… thank you for changing my life.

6 Likes

Weirdly shocking, this one. Rodney Marsh also; but Shane Warne especially.

Oh, grim times.

3 Likes

Oh my, 52…

R.I.P.

A huge blow similar to that of Steve Irwin. I woke up at 3am to hear the news and couldn’t believe it. Australia and cricket won’t be the same without him.

2 Likes

One of my favorite actors.

Very sad to hear this.

R.I.P.

Oh my, what a great actor he was, Smoke is one my favourite films, very sad news

Very sad news. One of the greats, to be sure.

RIP

Scott Hall, retired professional wrestler and two-time inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame (2014 as “Razor Ramon” and 2020 as co-founder of the New World Order), has passed away from complications of hip replacement surgery at the age of 63.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it.

R.I.P.

One of the kids I used to babysit loved wrestling back in the day and I’d watch with him. Scott Hall was a good actor and I always laughed at how he played the heel. It was good fun. Sorry to see him go.

1 Like

Akira Takarada, who starred in the original 1954 film “Godzilla” and many other classic science fiction films for Japan’s Toho Studios throughout his illustrious career, passed away on March 14th, 2022 at the age of 87.

He was also known for being the Japanese voice of Jafar from Disney’s 1992 classic “Aladdin” and related media.

According to reports, Takarada had been experiencing lower back pain for quite some time and was last seen publicly at a movie premiere in a wheelchair just four days before his death.

Godzilla Franchise Actor Akira Takarada Passes Away at 87 - News - Anime News Network

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Horrible way to die.

I really liked his performance in Die Another Day. Sometimes a shame what was going on around him.

2 Likes

Neal Adams, the legendary comic book artist whose Batman and X-Men stories have provided fodder for multiple cinematic interpretations, has passed at age 80.

I never know how to judge who belongs in this thread and who doesn’t. If it’s about connections to Bond, Adams’ was tenuous at best. He drew a dead-on Connery caricature for the packaging art on Corgi’s vehicle line, but I’m not totally sure it ever got used. He also did a memorable painted cover for Marvels’ “Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu” magazine (#12) that featured Roger’s Bond fighting the karate school students from TMWTGG.

If the criteria for inclusion is just personal importance to us users, Adams was a tremendous hero to me in my childhood. He was more or less the James Bond of artists as far as I was concerned; the guy I wanted to be when I grew up. Sadly he seems to have passed due to sepsis, which sounds like particularly ugly way to go out.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/neal-adams-dead-batman-comics-artist-1235138106/

5 Likes

Singer-songwriter and actress Naomi Judd dies at 76.

R.I.P. Naomi Judd.

1 Like

Just heard of the sad passing of Dennis Waterman at 74 - 'Minder ’ especially and to a lesser degree “The Sweeney"made up so much of my childhood memories and I saw him brilliantly in the stage play 'Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell” . RIP Mr. Waterman thanks for the memories and singing all the theme tunes

3 Likes