RIP - Paying Respects to those we've Lost

https://www.cbr.com/deliverance-herbert-coward-dead/

One of the scariest villains of all time.

2 Likes
9 Likes

A memorial screening of ADVISE AND CONSENT seems in order.

4 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Camera operator and cinematographer on some of the best films in the franchise. RIP.

10 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Awful. So bloody young.

R.I.P.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/GarySinise/status/1762556676576522699

4 Likes
4 Likes

“Born in 1939 in Adelaide, Page launched his career in the mid-1970s and coordinated and performed stunts for The Man from Hong Kong, starring Jimmy Wang Yu and one-time James Bond actor George Lazenby. Released in the U.S. as The Dragon Flies , the pic has been cited as an influence by Quentin Tarantino.”

4 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

The world of Bond and Bond fandom lost one of his Greats.

Wolfgang Thürauf, vice president of the German Bond fan club James Bond Club Deutschland (JBCD) passed away last night. He’d also been president of the old Bondklub Deutschland (BKD). A lifelong devoted Bond fan, he was one of a kind, and a really, really kind person.

I met him some 22, 23 years ago in my early days as a (more than average) Bond fan, and I very much appreciated how he never was arrogant or patronizing or any of that sort, and how he took me serious as a noob while he already was what can only be described as Germany’s No. 1 Bond fan. Always willing to give or take an opinion on anything Bond, while always being his calm and friendly self. Always keen on getting to meet new people and willing to literally go the extra mile, he was a regular at international Bond events around the world. It was an honor to know him, and I’m certain that those of you who meet him feel the same way.

We’ve seen and been through some ups and downs of the Bond world together, not always with the same views or opinions on certain aspects, but always with passion. He always had plans for the next Bond event, and the one after that, and I always found it to be a minor miracle that, while his entire life seemed to circle around Bond like you have it with maybe two dozen people around the world, he still found time for a “life outside”, like playing theatre or singing in a choir.

For the German Bond fan scene, he was kind of our international ambassador, the driving force behind two German fan clubs (and member of many international ones) For the last few years he was the sole author of the JBCD’s regular (at times extensive) email newsletter. He also contributed many articles to the club magazine “gunbarrel”, and it almost broke my heart when I realized that he had the latest issue of that magazine – celebrating the club’s 10th anniversary – in his mail box this morning.

Rest in Peace, Uncle Ari.

German Bond fans mourn their doyen today.
And I mourn a friend.

13 Likes

A sad sad loss.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

:black_heart:

R.I.P.

6 Likes

That’s a shame. Hopefully Megalopolis will be dedicated to her.

7 Likes