The Tabloid Trash Bin - aka Venting On A Rumour

I’d argue the Doctor’s image - apart from a peculiar taste in signature clothing - isn’t all that important for the show. The iconic image is the Tardis and it would have much more impact if the Tardis was recast in red or orange of as one of those modern dixie boxes…

Even the clothes thing isn’t a set thing, the modern era stuff is all not that far removed from reality (if leaning towards hipster)

The Doctor himself, or herself as it now is, has never had a single iconography. some of the actors have, with 4’s scarf or 11’s Bow tie, but the Doctor as a character does not. Being a white male from somewhere in Great Britain does not an iconography make, and I can say that from personal experience, I’m Definitely not iconic.

Careful, don’t give them any ideas.

Mod note: topics merged.

With a huge serving of salt, please.

There’s not enough salt in the ocean for what that’ll need, going by the source, appearance of Angelina Jolie rumour and a different (if admittedly likely) rumour dropped in as a fact.

I always thought Cumberbatch would make an interesting Bond himself.

But to see hin in another role in Bond 25 would also be great.

Can Michael Shannon be a Bond villain? I would much prefer that to the other rumours.

Shannon would be an excellent and believable Bond villain.

I think he’d be an interesting Bond. He reminds me of the comic strip version. Controversial, hey? :sunglasses:

He auditioned to voice Bond in Nightfire. Betting EA are regretting that refusal now…

My only problem with Shannon is that he has played that villain role so many times already, a problem I had with Waltz, too. What I would want is the new Michael Shannon…