The Tabloid Trash Bin - aka Venting On A Rumour

I’d pay to see that!

“Oh, hi Q”

Not exactly tabloid trash perhaps. But nothing very substantial either…

He insists he has put Bond behind him and no doubt that is true. But every now and then he is reminded of the bruising. Last month he went to see Claire Denis’s High Life and was especially taken by Robert Pattinson’s performance. “And it was so bizarre, because I was sitting there thinking: ‘Oh my God, they should get him to be the next Bond.’” Isn’t Pattinson a bit too young for the role? “No, no,” he scoffs. “He must be in his 30s. How old was Connery? He’s ready now.”

A certain cape and cowl now ruling him out would suggest this is the right place for it.

Should emphasise I mean that entirely in scheduling - WB want him as Batman for a trilogy, he won’t be free when the role of Bond is.

Well, I suppose that paragraph is not a serious suggestion; rather it illustrates how Boyle keeps getting back to the topic…

Boyle is drumming up publicity for his current film which does not score with critics or audiences.

2 Likes

If Pattinson wasn’t already cast as the next Batman and also in Nolan’s TENET, then it may be reasonable.

Having said that, it’s still infinitely more likely than Idris Elba being the next Bond.

2 Likes

Pattinson would also have fit into the known-but-not-too-known category we assume Eon would recruit their lead from.

As we see, even seasoned directors like to play ‘cast the next 007’…

2 Likes