What are you listening to?

Hi all, I thought I should reboot this thread from the old site in which folks can post what music tracks they are currently listening to. It’s always fun to see what other CBNers tastes in music are. I’ll get things rolling again.

I’m currently listening to:

“White Knight” - David Arnold “Tomorrow Never Dies”

Nice

I am currently listening to Lunatic Soul - “Blood on the Tightrope.

Getting ready for my day and listening to Snarky Puppy - Culcha Vulcha.

Graham Gouldman - Just Like Yesterday

From his new 2017 EP

What The F$$k Are We Saying? - Lenny Kravitz

Doves - Catch the Sun

U2 - Lights of Home. Really enjoying their new album.

Hôtel Costes mixed by Stéphane Pompougnac

Mastodon-Blood Mountain

saw them last weekend and spending this week immersed in the back catalogue

" The Falcon" - John Williams “The Force Awakens” soundtrack

I’m thoroughly enjoying Songs of Experience as well. Might be too early to say, but they might have pulled off having a classic album in four different decades with this one (Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All That You Can’t Leave Behind, and Songs of Experience).

Absolutely love “The Little Things that Give You Away”, which is easily my favorite U2 song in a very, very long time. “You’re the Best Thing About Me” is pretty catchy as well, although it took some time to grow on me. Terrific album all around, though.

1 Like

Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody

followed by

Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree - loving this one at the moment

_

Just can’t get enough of these two songs, or really the entire album itself. Never thought I’d get overly excited about U2 again after the drought following the release of “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb”, which was their last decent album in my view, but “Songs of Experience” has really gotten me back into U2. Terrific album.

Hopefully EON is paying attention here. It’s time to get these guys to do a proper Bond theme, not just write one.

I’m not on board with everything Bono says, but musically he still has it. I’ve found value in all the albums U2 has released in their career, and Songs of Experience is no different. They’re a special band and even if they’re not going to receive much attention these days, I don’t see any reason for them to retire anytime soon.

Completely agreed. I think that if Bono weren’t out front and center on the variety of political issues that he is outspoken about, “Songs of Experience” would be hailed as the band’s latest comeback album after being largely irrelevant (in terms of new music) for the better part of the past decade and a half (going back to “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb”).

Hopefully retirement is a long way off for them. Bono aside, the band is playing as good, if not better, than it ever has.

‘You’re The Best Thing About Me’ and ‘The Little Things That Give You Away’ are standouts, but I’m also a big fan of the laid-back, fun vibe of ‘Lights of Home’, ‘Summer of Love’ and 'The Showman (Little More Better). ‘Red Flag Day’ is also a pleasant listen. That’s the U2 I know and love.

I rather liked "The Showman (Little More Better) as well. It doesn’t get the same publicity that some of the others do, but it’s a fun little song nonetheless.

The more I listen to it, though, the more I think “The Little Things that Give You Away” might be the best U2 song since Achtung Baby.

1 Like

Listening to the Belgian Eurovision 2018 candidate:

It’s absolutely briliant and reminds me so much of Bond…

I saw her perform ’ Tomorrow Never Dies ’ live together with the philharmonic orchestra a couple of years ago. I remember the goose bumps during her performance like it was yesterday :slight_smile:

Jack White’s new album, or at least what’s been released so far.

Yes, I’m that one guy who liked Another Way To Die.

Been listening to a lot of Lindsey Buckingham’s work over the past day or so, mourning his firing from Fleetwood Mac. Such a shame, but I can’t wait to hear whatever he has coming up next in terms of solo work.