What are you listening to?

The War on Drugs - Holding On

Walking in the Jungle. I spend too much time with my daughter. lol

Cafe Martinique - John Barry “Thunderball” soundtrack

“You Only Live Twice”- Nancy Sinatra

2 Likes

Cued up Barry’s ‘Beat Girl’ score this morning while doing my shower and shave. Brilliant.

Currently listening to “Silent Running” by Mike & The Mechanics

4 Likes

I am listening to one of their new ones - The Best is Yet to Come

1 Like

A View To A Kill - Duran Duran :sunglasses:

1 Like

The theme to “Lifestyles of The Rich and Famous” R.I.P. Robin Leach

“Anya " - Marvin Hamisch " The Spy Who Loved Me” (such a beautiful theme…shame it never got used in the film, at least that I can recall)

FRWL soundtrack. Good old school Barry.

2 Likes

I do miss the 007 theme

As a kid i’d play Bond 77 over and over til needle needed replacing.

I’d borrow the Bond Greatest Hits LP from the library and continually renew it. One day i went in as usual and someone had reserved it, so i had to hand it over… Think i probably still need counselling to undo the trauma that caused :scream:

I thought i was the only person that still listened to that tune. Still gives me goosebumps.

The title track Tango In The Night is an all time favourite of mine. It owes a lot to Morricone’s Dollar Trilogy scores (probably my favourite scores ever).

I’ve been on a super 80s kick lately.

I’ve been listening to the brilliant new album AM Waves by Young Gun Silver Fox.

It sounds like the Doobie Brothers mixed with Hall & Oates, Earth Wind & Fire and the Beach Boys.

Brilliant stuff.

2 Likes

Our Man Flint/In Like Flint carried me through an unreasonable amount of L.A. traffic today. Steak with smoked salmon for my dinner reward. Now, replaying said score before a shower and slipping into my robe. Much better. :wink:

Love “Tango in the Night”. A terrific song with some killer guitar work. Shame that it’s never been (and at this point never will be) performed live by the band or Buckingham solo.

The rest of the album is pretty good as well. The band is at its best when the focus is on Buckingham and McVie, something that Tango proves in spades, I think.

3 Likes

Never heard that version before - utterly brilliant!

There’s a rumor that the couple in the Eagles’ “Life in the Fast Lane” is Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

2 Likes