What are you listening to?

King Crimson - Absent Lovers: Live in Montreal

I find these live tracks to be the definitive versions of many of these 80s compositions.

DMA’s - For Now

Australian band whose influences are very obviously The Stone Roses and Oasis.

Back in Black (live) - AC/DC

Paul McCartney - Little Willow

He wrote it about Ringo Starr’s ex-wife Maureen who died in 1994

1 Like

The World Is Not Enough (expanded score) - David Arnold

Not gonna lie, this score may be the thing that made me a Bond fan.

4 Likes

That they left Snow Job off the original release was criminal. Beautiful track!

5 Likes

Enjoyed YOLT expanded through traffic tonight. Brilliant stuff. Made me miss Barry and wish for Arnold to work his magic for Bond 25.

1 Like

I’d also love for Arnold to return. His scores, especially for CR and QoS, are some of the best of the franchise. While I loved Newman’s Skyfall score, his Spectre score left a lot to be desired. Skyfall was a breath of fresh air, whereas the Spectre score was tired and derivative. Arnold being back for Bond 25 would be a huge boost in my opinion.

1 Like

Having seen them live on Friday night, I am listening to the Australian band, Thirsty Merc.

The specific song I am listening to is “Mousetrap Heart”

Currently listening to “The Movie” - Aerosmith (a lesser known instrumental from their Permanent Vacation album) :sunglasses:

I am listening to Seal - “Future Love Paradise” from 1991

2 Likes

I got to meet Seal backstage after a concert a few years ago through knowing his touring guitarist. He was such a great, generous man with the fans and as a performer. He pours everything out into a show.

me-seal

2 Likes

Great photo

1 Like

Listening to “Only Myself To Blame” - Scott Walker (R.I.P. )

4 Likes

I am listening to the excellent, and quite Bondian “Romantic” by Hooverphonic, from 2018.

3 Likes

I’m currently listening to “Vauxhall Bridge” - Thomas Newman “SPECTRE”

1 Like

Right now I’ve got “Stairs and Rooftops” - Lorne Balfe “Mission Impossible: Fallout” playing on my iPhone. Man, I am SO impressed with his score that I’d be happy to champion him for the Bond 25 score, if David Arnold is NOT asked back.

Pink Floyd - One of These Days

3 Likes

I’ve been rewatching all of the Mission Impossible films in order (I hadn’t seen the first 3 in years). I’ve also been listening to all 3 soundtracks and it’s amazing how much the quality of the films have improved with Ghost Protocol, Rogue Nation, and Fallout. I played the main theme from MI2 and wanted to vomit.

1 Like

Paul McCartney - Despite Repeated Warnings (2018)

1 Like