What Bond movie do you feel like watching?

Damn, I envy you!! :wink:

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Watched “A View to a Kill” last night for the first time in well over a decade. I still cringe at the obvious stunt doubles and the overt camp humor, but at the end of the day I enjoyed it WAY more than I expected. I was able to overlook the things I didn’t like and thoroughly enjoy the overall experience. Most impressive of all was Moore himself. Yes, he was a bit old for the role, but he was still so commanding as Bond.

3 Likes

AVTAK isn’t really that bad. It’s got an all-time villain, a killer soundtrack, and Grace Jones. However, it is easily the most by-the-numbers film in the franchise and Moore’s age and creepy plastic surgery really made him look just plain off. It also poorly rips off GF. Though, it’s a film that never feels too long and fits right in with the Moore tenure.

2 Likes

In the mood to curl up in bed and put on Goldfinger on my iPad…:sunglasses:

So now the following films have now all been upgraded to 4K on Apple movies…
DN, FRWL, GF, DAF, LALD, TMWTGG, MR, OP, AVTAK, TLD, LTK, TWINE, QOS, SF and SP
… I guess that’s the second week of my holidays accounted for then!:blush::nerd_face:

Only have Skyfall on apple movies…WOW you can really see Craig’s pores in the opening shot with 4K

Complementary or mocking is players choice…

1 Like

The oldies look incredible! Dr No and From Russia with Love done today: Goldfinger tomorrow!!!

1 Like

I think my first Bonds of 2019 will be You Only Live Twice and The Living Daylights.:sunglasses:

Really need to watch Licence to Kill again. It’s been far too long.

2 Likes

In the mood for a double feature of Diamonds Are Forever and SPECTRE this evening. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Oh yeah Moore looks so much better in Octopussy. Surgery was a mistake. Wonder if Craig has any work done or if he’s ‘aging gracefully’. I guess these days it’s harder to tell compared to the olden times.

1 Like

See the paparazi photo of Craig wearing out with kid - he is a 50 year old with an infant and looks like it.

2 Likes

Thought so. Craig does look his age. I think it’s a good thing. If anyone should look their age, or even slightly older, it’s Bond.

1 Like

I watched Thunderball and For Your Eyes Only over the course of the last week. Tonight, I’m in the mood to put on On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.

That’s what I watched last night. Or at least the first half. The second half is cued up for tonight.

2 Likes

I watched Quantum of Solace, which represents my first Bond movie in a while. I knew time would be kind to Craig’s second outing.

4 Likes

I tend to save On Her Majesty’s Secret Service for Christmas time. Last December I showed bits of the movie to my kids for the first time, including the end.

I will watch TMWTGG this weekend. I need a good film to clear away some detritus that has accumulated in my head/life.

3 Likes

My daughter just watched her first ever Bond movie this week. I know, she’s 10, it was about time! I picked TSWLM, as I thought it is the best introduction to Bond. She positively loved it and wants to watch more. She wants to see OP, so I guess this is the next one on the list…

5 Likes