What Could the Next Line Have Been?

( During the Rome car chase in SPECTRE)

Bond clicks the “Atmosphere” switch… (Tush by ZZ Top starts blasting out of the stereo)

Bond: " Now we’re talking! "

Or the Bond theme

“Charming tune…”

Or the Beatles…

“Where are the damn earmuffs!?”

M: “Where the hell have you been?”
Bond: “Enjoying death.”
M: “Why didn’t you call?”
Bond: “You didn’t get the postcard? You should try it some time. Get away from it all. It really lends perspective.”
M: “Ran out of drink where you were, did they?”
Bond: “No danger of that here.”
M: “Didn’t I warn you to never break into my home again?” (shoots)

2 Likes

M: I want you to find GoldenEye, find who took it, what they plan to do with it, and stop it. If you come across Ourumov, guilty or not, don’t run off on a vendetta. Avenging Alec Trevelyan will not bring him back. Got that?
Bond: You want me to find GoldenEye, find who took it, run off on a vendetta, and avenge Alec Trevelyan.
M: No no. I want you to find GoldenEye, find who took it, and stop them. Not go on a vendetta, not avenge Alec Trevelyan. Right?
Bond: Right. Find who took Alec Trevelyan, avenge GolenEye, and stop him from going on a vendetta.
M: No no. Find GoldenEye–
Bond: --find Alec Trevelyan–
Bond: --avenge GoldenEye–
Bond: --find GoldenEye–
M: --find who took it–
Bond: --find who took it–
M: --and stop them.
Bond: --and stop them.
M: Got it?
Bond: Got it! [Leaps up, draws gun, charges out of the office, shouting:] Avenge Alec Trevelyan!!
M: Oh, bugger.

3 Likes

Q: “Now, you may feel a small…prick.”
Bond: “I already shook hands with Denbigh this morning - do your worst.”

2 Likes

Bond: “An extraordinary number of rare species.”

Stromberg: “You recognize that variety, of course.”

Bond:" Er… of course.Pterois volitans. Other fish avoid it. Those dorsal spines are laden with venom. Handsome but deadly."

Stromerg: “I see you know your subject, Mr Sterling, but I was pointing at the fish behind it.”

Bond: “Oh bugger…”

2 Likes

I was always perplexed by the ‘Strawberry Fields’ name. It wants to be a joke, but it’s not an innuendo as is usually the case. It’s just a name which is also the title of a famous song. Where’s the wit there?

Feldstadt Sergeant: “Captain! Some nut just came through here in a stolen car. Wants the base commander - and he’s wearing a red shirt!”
Captain (on radio): “Don’t worry about him, then - haven’t you ever watched Star Trek?”

2 Likes

I thought that the “joke” was that she didn’t give her first name, as Bond would make fun of it. So when he enquires she replies…“Just Fields”.

I agree with Dave. That’s how I took it.

1 Like

Blofeld: “Search him from his toenails to the last follicle on his head, then bring him to me.”
Goon: “Even his toupe?”
Blofeld: “Especially his toupe!”

1 Like

Bond: I always wondered how I’d feel if I ever saw you again…(Paris slaps him)
now I know… Was it something I said?
Paris: How about the words “I’ll be right back?”
Bond: Something came up.
Paris: And that was a reason to leave?!? I was ready for Round Two!!!

I can imagine Carver going on from his list of media when talking to his reps around the world…

"It seems a small crisis is brewing in the South China Seas.

I want full newspaper coverage, I want magazine stories, I want books, I want films, I want TV, I want radio, I want carrier pigeons, I want little boys riding bikes with signs, I want billboards, I want dogs, I want cars wtih CARVER written on the side, I want people passing little pieces of paper to each other, I want mime artists, I want morse code, I want skywriters, I want people in the street shouting about it, I want monkeys…"

2 Likes

… with wings and wearing a fez

1 Like

Renard: “How does it feel, knowing I broke her in for you?”

Bond: “Once I got past the first couple of inches and into the unused part, it felt great!”

3 Likes