What do you think about the NTTD release date?

Mixed how?

Donā€™t get me wrong. The more Bond the better, especially after the long wait. Itā€™s just difficult to have a film this long without pacing issues. Donā€™t want it to drag or feel bloated. Eh, the more I think about itā€¦itā€™s no big deal.

3 Likes

There are long films which feel even longer and short films which feel like eternities.

But there are perfectly paced films which fly by and you donā€™t even notice the time.

Wisdom for the day.

3 Likes

I have to admit Iā€™m also a little weary of overlong films. Not always is the substance holding up to the scope.

On the other hand, this is a film thatā€™s supposedly telling a significant backstory and a more complex plot than usual. So letā€™s see how it feels.

1 Like

It seemed familiar, and I had forgotten about it.

Then again, after the past year, many things old seem new again.

3 Likes

I actually thought I remembered that runtime from SPECTRE.

1 Like

New still? ItĀ“s from the preview in the TASCHEN update book about the films:

We have seen that still before. Itā€™s a good one, though.

Iā€™m happy about the runtime, especially if the movie is as good as I hope.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah, well - they collect it from the interweb, soā€¦

Iā€™m with you.
To be honest Iā€™m growing to quite dislike running times that push towards 3 hours.
A trip to the cinema (remember when we could do that?) has become something like a four plus hour commitment, with travel and trailers etc.
Iā€™m starting to miss 90-120 minute films that were easy to fit in after work or whenever you felt like. Honestly, this is one of the reasons QoS has really grown on me.
I also now really appreciate the skill of writers/directors/editors who can tell a cohesive, satisfying story in 120 minutes, something that Iā€™m beginning to suspect many current film makers may be incapable of.

4 Likes

I agree with the general notion: longer movies often make for bloated storytelling.

As for Bond: these films come so rarely now I donā€™t mind getting two packed into one. :wink:

3 Likes

You could also argue that films cut to get a specific run time often feel like it. Yes, youā€™re under 2 hours, but it definitely feels like you left a lot out. Jurassic Park 3 and Batman Forever feel like that.

Bond films, both the shorter ones and longer ones, have never felt like that, where theyā€™ve decided on a length, and theyā€™ll make it that length regardless.

3 Likes

ā€¦ although I would like to see a longer QOS-cut.

5 Likes

Spectre suffered a lot with its pacing, fingers crossed this doesnā€™t suffer from
The same.

Going by the trailers I donā€™t understand how this could warrant such a long run time. Looking at the trailers scene by scene itā€™s easy to place how the movie would play out. The only way it could reach that runtime is if it does so at a slower pace

2 Likes

I suspect due to my amazing criminal mind that the trailer does not include scenes from every sequence in the movie.

3 Likes

I read somewhere that there is much in the film that isnā€™t in the trailer, I hope so too as I hate it when the trailer spoils the entire movie and you walk away feeling like all the good stuff was in the trailer and the rest of the movie was just filler! But if we bear in mind that the PTS is meant to run for twenty minutes and then the theme which is near four minutes thatā€™s nearly half an hour of the movie done by the start of the main story.

Official trailer: 2.36 minutes.

Movie: 162 minutes.

Damn, I hope not everything is already in the trailer.

5 Likes

Also, I note that footage shown so far has been mostly from the PTS, the actions beats focussing on the DB5 and the motorbikeā€¦both from the PTS

1 Like

Brace yourselvesā€¦again?

1 Like