What do you think about the NTTD release date?

Release date changed.

2 Likes

Craig will be Bond for eternity, as loads of things outside their control keep happening…

2 Likes

Perhaps you should contact the WHO about this, seeing as you know so much more.

1 Like

2 Likes

Well, maybe November 2021…

3 Likes

Cursed Bond 25 causes global pandemic.

2 Likes

The fact that they couldn’t make that February 2020 release date looms VERY large now.

2 Likes

They could. Universal moved it to a date they thought more potentially profitable.

Bet they’re regretting it now…

2 Likes

I don’t remember…What was the original reason it was pushed from November '19 to February? Was it Craig’s injury?

Wasn’t it because the threw out Boyle and Hodge’s script when he left?

2 Likes

Nov to Feb was Boyle leaving and the hiring of CJF. Universal then moved it to a more profitable window of April. Coronavirus outbreak made audiences timid at best, down right dangerous at worst moving it back to a November release - a year after originally planned.

2 Likes

I hope for your sake, for the sake of your family and for the sake of us all that you can update that post in November to tell us that you were right all along, that the virus went away as quickly as it had come and that we are in fact the fools, not you.

5 Likes

So how much money do you reckon they’ve spent/lost on promotion?

I haven’t noticed much promo, but I’ve probably been looking in the wrong places. Apart from the release of the trailer, posters, theme song etc, had the promo campaign kicked into high gear?

Well they spent over $5 million on the Super Bowl ad.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing lots of TV spots this week on all kinds of different networks,

1 Like

The delay sucks but I understand why it needed to done. Oh well, at least we have the NFL draft, Ozark and Money heist to look forward to in April. James Bond will Return :cocktail:

3 Likes

Best Thanksgiving ever at least ! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Damn, I forgot about that!

All this shall make next autumn’s promotional campaign very difficult, as momentum will have been lost (to state the obvious).

They will have to make new character posters and cut a new trailer, as the ones we have now will be old news by then. And the song will have been out for nine months too and probably won’t receive much airplay.

I hope they spend the next few months planning an all new marketing strategy. I don’t envy the people who will have to somehow stoke excitement for it. Most of their best weapons have already been deployed.

I suspect the ad campaign will be pulled soon. Although this morning I saw no less than five or more tv spots. It’s almost mean now. To borrow from Princess Bride: “Oh Thank You! While you’re at it, why don’t you just give me a paper cut and pour some lemon juice on it!”

5 Likes

I’ve waited over 4 years for NTTD, I can wait a few more months. Maybe we’ll get a new trailer in response to the delay, or maybe wishful thinking, they’ll release the PTS as a teaser.