What do you think about the NTTD release date?

TB12 in a Chargers jersey…mark my words! LOL :grin: Actually I think he’d more likely will end up with Vrable and the Titans.

Cary? Yes. Pattinson? Doubtful. Batman likely takes him out of the running.

They won’t officially start searching for a new star until this one is behind them. If they’re happy with Fukunaga they MAY get him on board beforehand.

I do understand the decision, though it really hurts. A few hours ago I bought my ticket.
But what upset me most is that if it wasn’t for the decision to hire Danny Boyle, the movie would be on Blu-ray by now.
Or really soon.

1 Like

I think just the opposite. Batman imports a huge geek fanbase to 007 screens.

Absolutely the right move.

For my money, I think they should halt all marketing and bounce back in October.
Trickles will become wallpaper in the intervening time and people will tire.
I feel sorry for the talent who, no matter what they do, will have to field questions for a solid seven months. By the time they get back to promoting, they will be utterly fed up.

The thing I’m slightly confused about - and I’m sure someone who understands film release dates will be able to explain to me - is why they’ve gone back to the November slot. Partly to capitalise on US Thanksgiving? Wouldn’t it have also done good business in the summer months? They would then have had the opportunity to push it later again if the virus was still a global problem.

At least TENET is still scheduled for the summer. At the moment.

If the Batman knocks it outta the park and Pattison’s next feature is Bond 26? well that’s a good wave to ride. At 35 he’d be set up for a long run as 007.

Maybe that’s why November made sense. August week 1-2 would have been great but they wanted to stay clear of a Nolan SPY film.

I’d imagine that it still would have done well in the Summer, but given that they want to rebound back to SKYFALL-type business after the “letdown” of SPECTRE’s box office, November probably makes more sense. Less competition so they can rake in the money as opposed to leaving some of it on the table with the other blockbusters out there that would be taking their piece of the pie.

I don’t think No Time To Die is going to be the only film that gets delayed. Mulan will likely be delayed and we’ll have to wait and see what the global outlook for this virus looks like over the next few months. Don’t be surprised to see other major films like Black Widow or some of the summer blockbusters get delayed as well.

agreed. Hollywood must be shitting themselves over this.

At this rate, Bond 26 will be released before Bond 25.

6 Likes

I just hope they get it going sooner than 5 years! :unamused:

2 Likes

If Batman knocks it out of the park, he’ll be committed to another Batman movie. There’s a reason why it’s rare for someone to headline multiple franchises at the same time. Most franchise stars fill their time between with smaller films, and Pattinson is no exception.

1 Like

One thing we know for certain: Eon are used to handling a November release. The last eight films were released in that slot, and hopefully it will be a relatively quiet one. If more films get delayed, however, Bond could be keeping company with other high-profile films. Here’s hoping that doesn’t happen.

Come that time, I certainly think they will have to be a little more generous in discussing the film and its story. They will have to give the public something to chew on. As Yellow-Pinky said up thread, this may involve behind-the-scenes videos, which is an excellent way of doing promo without actually showing much of the film itself.

Additionally, in mid-November, the BBC will air Children in Need (a charity telethon), so perhaps Craig will do a comedy sketch for it.

1 Like

I doubt that would happen. Eon will only think about the next film once they know the reaction to this one, and they will not want to distract everybody from Craig by discussing his successor.

Whatever is behind the decision, I trust that those who made the decision are pros who know what they’re doing and why they are doing it the way the do it. I’m certain that the accountants have done their maths and that it’s the best solution.

Oh, the irony, that our hero who saved the world several times from a global plague now is forced to draw back because of exactly that (I welcome that the official statement gives an economic reason instead of stirring up the virus panic).

“He saved others; Himself He cannot save." Matthew 27:42

2 Likes

Here’s something to throw out there…

When marketing does a do-over in Sept/Oct, should they dust off the old trailers and posters, or scrap everything done so far and start over?