When you feel like a James Bond moment?

:laughing:

I had a haircut yesterday evening, which was my first in about eight months. Amazing how something so simple changes the perception of yourself. I kind of do feel like Bond!

2 Likes

Was it done in a hotel in Hong Kong?

3 Likes

I feel like a Tom Mankiewicz James Bond (it’s quite niche) when I treat every woman I meet as a nincompoop, or violently, or a really winning combination of the two.

Every. Single. One.

4 Likes

Well the gear box on my lovely 2.2 diesel jaguar is playing up, and to get it fixed will cost 2/3rds of what the car is worth, so i have bought a Mercedes. I will put my J800 number plate on it soon, but the funny thing is, the actual plate on the Mercedes is Ko08! Shame it is not ko07!

1 Like

Hopefully I will pick it up on Saturday, and my first point of call will be the S bend near Leeds Castle, then along to charing Hill

1 Like

Took delivery of my Mercedes yesterday, was pleased to discover that the radio had LW as well as well as the standard FM and AM, then was shocked to discover it also had SHORTWAVE! Took her for a spin, and some idiot in front of me in a ford Ka was doing 30 In a 60 zone, suddenly the Mercedes logo on the bonnet became the sights of a hidden rocket launcher behind the lights in my imagination , i selected my target aimed and fired! Cant put my J800 plate on yet, but the current one is Ko08, so i can be double 008 for a while

3 Likes

Drove round the S bend near Leeds Castle and up charing hill yesterday humming the 007 theme tune. Passed another 008 number plate too!

1 Like

Still waiting for the paperwork so I can put my number plate on, but as I was driving along yesterday, NOBODY DOES IT BETTER came on the radio

2 Likes

The cars log book finally arrived on Thursday night, i waited to sort out the paperwork this morning so I could put on my number plates in daylight… Off comes the 008 plates, on go the JB00 plates, head of to the shops, and it comes over bbc radio 4 news that NTTD is being put back for a 3rd time

1 Like

More time to break in the Merc…

1 Like

Funny thing was when I went to the little cheap flea pit cinema, to see the empire strikes back on Thursday, I took 2 work colleagues in their early 20s, they thought my merc posh, and being from the digital generation, thought it was a right “james bond car,” due to the fact the radio has FM, AM, LW and SW, and was impressed I was listening to a French station on lw, as dab can’t do that!

1 Like

Had my second covid jab this afternoon, once again 30 miles / 48 Kms away in Canterbury. As there was a rare break in the bad weather, and it was sunny for a couple of hours, I decided to take the scenic route along the A20 and through Charing . At the Leeds castle S bend I played the bond theme from my 30th anniversary cd I have in the car and on Charing hill I played MOONRAKER and OHMSS

2 Likes

I was dressed in a tux for a charity screening of Quantum of Solace. On my way home, I saw I had only 45 seconds to get down the escalator to catch my train.

I ran down the escalator quickly, across the platform, jumped onto the train just as the doors closed behind me! All dressed as 007! A great moment!

7 Likes

Had my james bond moment today already!

4 Likes

1 Like

Only thing that ruined it was,she called out “number 7?’” not “007?”

1 Like

I sent the picture to my friend and said “I’m James bond” she thought I was at the cinema watching a 007 movie called “tell us how we did” !!!

Always nice to get a receipt with 007. Living in N.Ireland I remember driving home one summers evening and on a Bend on the road behind some trees. A large army helicopter rose up,right in front of me, tilted forward and passed over head… I immediately Thought " Bond "

I don’t hope he fired at you from above and than you jumped with your car in the water? :wink: