Who do you want for Bond 7?

I would suggest that you watch The Take, which could be considered a screen test of sorts , Idris Elba is by far the more charismatic of the pair, Madden hasn’t got “it” , that spark of real magnetism I think is a must for any Bond.
Same thing happened IMO in The Bodyguard, Keely Hawes has that star quality which Madden lacks.

1 Like

How much of the starter age is a hangover from Connery, when they started with the intent to make b movies in a couple of months, so it was an actor for a short term view. Then when Connery was so imbued peoples minds, they kept casting to that ideal, regardless of the change in circumstances of the series.

I… agree completely :astonished:

1 Like

Stop the press!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

And Lazenby was 29 during filming of On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. Additionally, a younger actor would make these relationships more believable as opposed to Bond coming off as a creepy old man at times. cough A View to a Kill cough

3 Likes

Actor Dominic West has a peculiarly harebrained idea. This is what drinking the alt-control-left kool-aid gets you…

…and remember, we don’t discuss politics here, even when this spectacularly misguided…

I’m off to the Lounge of Solace for drinks. Anybody want to join me? We’ll put the drinks on some poor sap’s tab.

There’s a useful four letter word and he’s full of it.

…Is he perhaps a little miffed at being passed over in 2006!?

2 Likes

Just goes to show that even the most ludicrous thing with “Bond” attached to it gets itself reported. Suggests there’s still some popular interest there to be mined and exploited, after all.

4 Likes

There are a lot of groups in need of representation but James Bond can’t be used to represent all of them and nor should he.

2 Likes

Given the number of Lego bricks not just in the British army but on the whole globe it’s evident Bond must be played by a Lego piece…

5 Likes

Batman already beat them to it.

Not for the first time…

2 Likes

I’m not disagreeing, but why is the one-film-every-two-years model over and done with? I can’t help hoping for its return.

2 Likes

I wonder if Cary Grant would have modified his transatlantic accent had he agreed to do Dr No?

More here:

1 Like

Thanks for the link. NBNW is one of my favourite films.

I don’t think Carry would have modified his accent. The whole point of using it was that it would fit both the US and UK.

They don’t hire Movie Stars to act, they hire them to attract their fans. CG’s accent was a huge part of his brand (Connery comes to mind) and when the studio pays the big money they usually want the whole package. Cynical or common sense - your choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will Smith is a text book example. On the very rare occasions he gets to act, he’s very good (Ali, The Pursuit of Happyness), but that’s rarely what he’s hired to do. He’s hired to be Will Smith.

2 Likes

A very cushy number, really!

Here we go again…

‘Bodyguard’ Producer Appears To Confirm Richard Madden Is A Serious Contender To Be Next James Bond

We don’t know if Richard will do series two,” the unnamed producer reportedly told the Mail.
It depends what happens with James Bond, we don’t know yet” he added.

Unnamed’ my a**se! I don’t know anything about journalist Katie Hind, but my guess is it’s another tabloid manufactured page filler.

Madden’s not my choice and i doubt he’ll get it (although that depends upon the availability of his competition when the time comes). But i do like his grounded approach to the rumours:

Everyone just loves the rumour mill on that topic,” he said. “I’m just the current one. There’ll be a different one next week.”

Producer lets slip Madden Bond bombshell

1 Like

Bogus.

“Bodyguard - Season 2” can and will be filmed long before BOND 26 will start rolling.

This is just a story that is either made up by Hind or by the producers to boost attention for their show.

4 Likes