Who do you want for Bond 7?

It’s a no from me.

Mr Kiss Kiss Claes Bang… (bit late to this one)

George Mackay from 1917 might be one to keep an eye out for, young and a rising star

5 Likes

He could def. play Hoagy Carmichael…

Yeah, I think he would be good.

Do we believe this?

1 Like

I think Craig’s doctors are saying no at this point.

1 Like

There are many trailers, even the recent Fukunaga VoiceOver trailer which definitely state that this is the last chapter for Daniel Craig´s Bond.

So, clickbait by the Sun. Who would have thought?

2 Likes

I hope it’s his last. Time for new blood.

1 Like

Not saying the article is true, but I still think it’s an interesting situation regardless. Craig was mentally ready for the world to see the movie and I guess get it off his shoulders, and now that opportunity has been held back for another eight months. It’s a long time to think about the franchise and your place in it, and during that time he’s still officially the incumbent.

But even if Craig were hesitant to hang up his license to kill, it just wouldn’t work. With Bond films now such a huge financial undertaking, he would be approaching 60 with another film. And since NTTD was made to give him a worthy sign off, the next film couldn’t be an “even more worthy” end to his tenure.

Personally, I like Craig a lot, and I wouldn’t mind him in an AVTAK-kind of film most people would then ridicule for decades. Because even if AVTAK is not my favorite Bond, it still is a Sir Roger-Bond, and that makes it more entertaining for me than so many other films out there. And a lesser Bond with Craig still would entertain me in spades, too.

But I would prefer NTTD to end the Craig era in style, and then have a quicker restart with the next actor. It will be easier for the creative people to conceive a film for a new actor, too, since everything then can change and won’t have to adhere to the Craig elements (which after NTTD will pretty much have been played out).

I also must say that I would love Bond films to scale back financially. Just to stop the enormous hurdles preventing them to be made more often and with more risk taking. A new actor could provide the canvas for such a different approach.

3 Likes

Indeed. Makes you wonder when the process to find his successor will begin now. Has that been delayed too as a result of the new release date? Do they wait for the movie to come out first?

I guess they are always looking. Deciding is another thing, though.

But I’m pretty sure that they have shortlist. That might be changing constantly, but they will meet with actors, discuss different choices and then, when it´s time, they strike like…

1 Like

I imagine Debbie McWilliams always has an ever changing list of actor suggestions who could take over right now

Though I imagine who will be Bond won’t seriously be looked for until they know what kind of film they want Bond 26 to be and where the money is coming from.

2 Likes

I imagine Craig’s had enough - especially with his new Knives Out franchise to put bread on the table.

However, for arguments sake after all the ‘this is his last’ rhetoric, on one hand it’s potentially embarrassing/annoying to pull a switch, but it could also be spun as a coup, a stamp of his approval for the story etc. No such thing as bad publicity.

Personally I think it’s time to move in.

2 Likes

Interesting choice. Who knows, he could be on Eon’s radar right now.

Saw him on Captain Fantastic with Viggo Mortensen, and he gave a good performance.

They’ll have plenty of time to choose a new Bond if we have to wait another five years for Bond 26.

1 Like

It depends how well No Time To Die does, and if MGM’s new management are better at dealing with the companies financial shortcomings than their predecessor.

1 Like

or their discussions with Apple/Netflix become reality and the new co-owner of the 007 film rights wants to get off to a quick start with a new Bond. (Also I imagine a big part of the delay of NTTD is maximising profits to increase sale price)

1 Like

Think how strange it would be if we get a new Bond for 26 and they replace him and bring back Craig for 27.

Those must have been strange times.

5 Likes

Oscar Isaac.