Who do you want for Bond 7?

I feel like a lot of film and TV actors are skewing are younger now. I suppose it’s what’s trendy (do people still say that word? Maybe I’m getting older too!).

I’d argue that there’s an element of pragmatism too. With more and more films being made as franchise starters they have to play the long game with casting. You’re lead actor not only needs to work now but can continue to appear in sequels, spin-offs and team-ups for the next 10-20 years.

1 Like

Watched Gangs of London last night and was struck by one of my personal choices for Bond Sope Dirisu, was brilliant in it. I think he’s a good fit and at 29…

2 Likes

…he’ll be 40 for Bond 26 after MGM finally accepts defeat and sells off everything after years of failed get rich quick schemes?

3 Likes

Exactly ! Perfect Age :ok_hand:

He has a touch of Connery about him in terms of presence imo.

Been watching Miss Scarlet and the Duke, and Stuart Martin has shot up in my estimation for potentially taking over the role.

1 Like

The series that revisits Remington Steele, no? Have to give this a try one of these days.

1 Like

I can dig it.

1 Like

He looks a bit Connery circa DAF. Will have to try an episode.

Having watched the trailer he’s certainly worth an audition - great suggestion.
The look is Long Good Friday Brossa meets Dougray Scott. The brief glimpse of his screen presence is promising with the casual, yet blunt charm of Connery. In lieu of watching an ep he’s suddenly shot to top place as my post Covid Bond candidate.

Let’s hope he didn’t walk into Rem Steele-esque contract with this tv show.

Btw, I know that pic is pretty cheesoroma terrible. Just thought it captures the Brossa/Scott look I spoke of (imho :grimacing:)

Choosing a new Bond is difficult as so much of it is reliant on sex appeal, which isn’t the best way to go.

Nowadays, ‘rugged’ is in, which I think is the main reason Brosnan (with his aftershave commercial looks) have gone out of favour in recent times.

1 Like

Not bad and having watched the series, better imo than Hiddleston, the bodyguard guy and Cavill. He’s a good fit for my top 5 possiblities and lovely to see Dublin filmed so beautifully. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

I may be talking out my backside, since I haven’t seen the series… but just going off the trailer he doesn’t seem a heavy weight actor, but rather a good screen presence riding his charm and machismo. That may be exactly what eon et al will want in the wake of the virus!

However, if he turns out to have decent chops too I’ll be a happier fan.

It’s a real shame Christopher Abbott isn’t British :frowning:

If he can do an english accent convincingly,go for it. Only 2 Bond’s so far have actually been English.

1 Like

Having a Commonwealth actor is kinda a must for me. Thats the one thing I think defines Bond. Australian (like Lazenby) is acceptable.

If they would go for an American Bond; Matt Bomer

He is awesome. I’m literally watching White Collar right now, so I’d definitely back him if he ca do an English accent.

Bomer is too in love with himself, in my view.

I don’t know. Christopher Abbott is a great actor, and already has a Bondian vibe. He also has a bit of a Marlon Brando quality which I kinda like. If not Bond, at least a future Felix Leiter.