Who do you want for Bond 7?

If we assume that NTTD was finished and locked sometime in March '20 (based on the original release date of April '20), then Eon hasn’t been working on a Bond movie in 3 years.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they don’t at least have a script.

How do you know they don’t? :smirk:
Just because BB says there isn’t?

4 Likes

If BB says they haven’t gotten off their collective arse yet I’m inclined to believe it :wink:

1 Like

It’s EON’s way. They have never been working on a film until the day they announce something then they’ve clearly been doing it for months. I think it’s a product of Cubby who was that kind of old time producer who wanted to control as much as possible.

Also, note they’ve got headlines for saying they aren’t going to say anything…press without showing your hand. Other productions DREAM of that.

5 Likes
2 Likes

BB seems to be focused on awards currently:

3 Likes

I’d like to think they’re looking around and have ideas but haven’t signed anybody, meaning as Barbara said, they really haven’t begun casting yet. Even though I’m feeling doubtful, fingers crossed for a late 2023 announcement. When they’re ready they’ll talk.

5 Likes

Loooong victory lap after a movie that wasn’t that good. Just whenever you’re ready, EON. By all means, don’t let your customers rush you.

2 Likes

Yes. That’s what they’re doing. Not that you hire a director and work on a script before you go anywhere near casting.

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Let us have an update on the script and director search then. Doesn’t really matter where the progress is being made, but it would be good to let fans know that there is in fact progress. But nah, you do you, BB. You take that victory lap.

Why let fans know anything before you advertise the movie? Are fans helpful in any way before buying a ticket?

5 Likes

5 Likes

I’m going to have to disagree that she’s taking an awards “victory lap” when the point of the article is that her movie did not get nominated for any Oscars…

6 Likes

Was talking specifically about the NTTD “victory” lap.

Also, it definitely is about the customer. When is it ever not? They’re in the entertainment business. And I do think news about directors and scripts is both interesting and entertaining. The question is rather, why not?

Order.

This business works in an order. Director. Script (no matter how good you think you are as a writer the director WILL have opinions) producer annoyed that their dream is being ruined, director annoyed their dream is being ruined.

Actor availability

Director/producer tantrum (or both)

The fan angrily typing on the internet comes in never because other peoples egos need to be salved.

6 Likes

All of that is clear and obvious. But what about their internal process precludes and update on the process for the fans? They don’t even need to provide details.

“We’re talking to some great potential directors and there is a lot of mutual interest…we’re working through some early story ideas that we’re excited about.”

Vague enough to protect trade secrets, yet provides an update on the process for fans. Costs them nothing.

There’s no obligation to make another one, and there is no entitlement to receive it.

They also need to raise the money (or the promise of the money). All these sporadic appearances promoting licensed deals is an indication they are starting to do this, which tends to suggest they are in the foothills of the next one. They’re not going to spend $250 million of their own money on it.

4 Likes

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

4 Likes

“We’re talking to some great potential directors and there is a lot of mutual interest…we’re working through some early story ideas that we’re excited about.”

If that vagueness is all you need, consider yourself lucky because that is exactly what they are doing.

Oh, and they did say that they would make the next Bond film.

Wow, vague can be so important, right?

4 Likes

Indeed. No obligation whatsoever. But if that’s the business you’re in…

1 Like