003 Reporting for Duty...Again!

I am habitually faced with the same dilemma.

Did my leedle present arrive?

1 Like

Yes Jim. Even Gala smiled when she saw the box of scorpions. "Dear Jim…He hasn’t changed bless him. " She didn’t mind helping round up the last few. Well played as always and also very thoughtful.

3 Likes

Navy007 - Shout out from Gala for the Birthday wishes. She remembered you and sends her thanks. Strong possibility (given) that she’s going to return to the fold and re-register at CBn. Her fandom and affection for Bond “never left”. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

But… the scorpions weren’t me. Mine was the partially undernourished leopard - Geoff - hiding in the minibar.

Patently, I have a rival in the orchestration of a passably amusing death for you. This requires investigation. Meanwhile, don’t have the fish.

2 Likes

Well, with heavy heart, but brave faces, Gala and I said our farewells but Damn if we didn’t have a grand time of it. Many pictures to sort through, but this is my current #1. Both appropriate and ironic as she lounged about with her tea.

4 Likes

Well, made it back to London and meeting up with ACE for lunch and a mission debrief on operation “Live and Let Dubai”. More reports from the field to follow.

4 Likes

Sir, I daresay you won’t be in London until Sunday coming?

I am currently in the Bahamas, staying at the hotel used in NSNA (British Colonial Hilton) for the week. Back Saturday.

Would have loved to buy you a drink.

Hope the trip is looking after you.

S.

1 Like

Good on you Simon! I’m off back to La-La Land Thursday, but enjoy your holiday. Next time my friend. Cheers.

Because we had to. “Dinner Jackets” :wink:

6 Likes

Cracking. :slight_smile:

Craig in a walking cast/boot? The 007 stage blown apart? No title yet?

Time to send in a professional.

And you can still depend… On one FAN.

I’m headed to back to London on Monday. Aside from doing whatever may be required to aid in the production of Bond 25, it’s also my “40th Anniversary Tour”. June of '79 was my first visit to the UK with my parents which included a visit to Pinewood and the première of Moonraker.

Quite the adventure back then for an eleven year old 003.

Maybe they’ll let me double for Daniel for any distant shots that require running.

More to follow.

5 Likes

Have a great trip, Bryce - we’re counting on you!

1 Like

I’ll do my best. I’m going to try and meet up with the Admiral as well.

I’ll also be putting some future plans in motion for another visit at the end of the summer after a return to Dubai along with scheming for the New Year. As Gala is fond of saying “All in the life of a spy.”:wink:

3 Likes

Would love to meet you again sir, but since the beginning of May to end June, I am currently residing in Villefranche sur mer.

While still working remotely for a UK company, I am finding time to look at many or all of the locations for Never Say Never and GoldenEye. Plus a few other spurious connections to Bond along the Cote d’Azur.

There will be an essay and images…

Anyway, all this to say that since I am back from beginning of July, I daresay I will miss you this time…

Have much fun, as always.

2 Likes

Cheers Simon! Last time I was about you were enjoying the Bahamas. Well done by upping the game to the south of France. As mentioned, I’m planning to be back the first week of September so hopefully we can get a bite and compare travelogues. Enjoy your stay and if you get down to Monaco, I highly recommend the rooftop restaurant at the Fairmont. Lovely especially if you can book a dinner just at sunset. Safe travels old friend.

Just finalizing all those last minute things one does before heading out “into the field”. Quartermaster had a few interesting items for my travel that should assist me. Everything for the man on holiday. Added bonus is that the fine people at Virgin Atlantic authorized my upgrade request. Tough work this secret agent stuff. I’m sure the customs officials at Heathrow will do right by me. They ‘know my name’. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

So, you arrived in 2008?

1 Like

Maybe… It was a while before Bond 22 got it’s name. Craig did injure his shoulder, but the 007 stage (v2.0) burnt while the sets were being struck after CR in '06. But yes, quite a few similarities. At least there’s not a writers strike in the mix.

Not to worry, I’ll see what can be done.

Right then! I have arrived. Now, storm Pinewood or arrange an ‘accidental computer crash’ at the tabloid rags? Decisions, decisions…

2 Likes

The latter. It solves so,SO, many problems.

2 Likes

All’s quiet round these parts, but, oddly as I was next door at the Hard Rock, I got a pop up on my mobile asking if I wanted to sign in to their wi-fi. I declined but then, as a feature on my phone, the list of available wi-fi came up. Before dismissing it, one caught my eye : “MGW Personal”.

Contemplated making an attempt, but after the Sony hack, I figured the security was too high. Although I debated that the password could be “Cubby”.

6 Likes