Amazon in Talks to Buy MGM

Just finished “The Sound of Bond,” and overall it was brilliant! Agree with YP re: Chris Cornell. What surprised me was the segment on Amy Winehouse. Barbara Broccoli looked on the verge of tears during that portion.

2 Likes

Watching the concert. Was nice to hear Judi Dench announcing it.

David Arnold pays tribute to him at the concert before singing You Know My Name.

9 Likes

David Arnold and Hans Zimmer playing together was a treat but You Know My Name was just plain special. That’s the tribute I’ve been waiting for. Perfection.

5 Likes

This is it for anyone who doesn’t have Amazon Prime

6 Likes

The first half isn’t in the Amazon coverage, then the second bit is Zimmer and Arnold duetting the guitar parts from No Time To Die

6 Likes

“As we told you…”

Were people arguing with them?

Deadline likes to point out they are in the know earlier than other outlets and drop hints before something is official.

Still, the site is only a shadow of Nikki Finke‘s invention.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TomButler/status/1592476714382286848

1 Like
3 Likes

And here you go.

She is said to have a good relationship with Barbara Broccoli. It feels like this could be the thing to get things rolling…

8 Likes

(Feb 28 - note that it wouldn’t let me post more than 3 posts in a row so I edited a post from January to add this)

An important piece in the future of 007 is now in place…

2 Likes

He worked on “Skyfall,” “Spectre,” and “No Time to Die”…

4 Likes

Veteran executive

Given how the strikes are going, I probably wouldn’t open with that.

3 Likes

Great…

1 Like
1 Like

Meanwhile my free covid tests from the U.S. government just arrived at my house… delivered by Amazon.

But seriously - why did the same FTC under the same Lina Khan not challenge the purchase of MGM then?

1 Like

Well, you know what they say - a big company without a monopoly lawsuit isn’t really a big company.