James Bond Funko Pops

I want Jeffery Wright as Felix Leiter to be a POP Vinyl, simply for something he one said about why Felix was his favourite acting role - Simply, if he did nothing else, he’d die happy knowing he got to act opposite a good friend, Daniel Craig, in the same role as the man he defined as the epitome of cool as child, Jack Lord.

Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p78HDEjZVL0

this sound bite touches on Wright’s feelings for Leiter. I know some (cough @secretagentfan) think Craig doesn’t love his role enough, but Wright CLEARLY does. He doesn’t say it here, but it in a different interview he talks about how the “Brother from Langley” scene is the highlight of his career, simply because of how many boxes of job aims it ticked.

2 Likes

No thread for the Big Chief Studio figures? https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/development/james-bond/for-your-eyes-only.php

You can go ahead and start one!

Anyone know why wave two of the James Bond pops (assuming there will actually be one) hasn’t been announced yet?

No actual info but I’m guessing they were gonna time it with Bond 25’s release and then with the delays they are holding off on those too. Maybe we’ll get some news during SDCC?

cough

https://m.popinabox.co.uk/franchise/james-bond.list?utm_source=16072019-piab-uk-harry-potter-yule-release&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=16072019-piab-uk-harry-potter-yule-release&affil=thgemail&ecrmcid=wkMo1KEyL68xQ4DgkznQN9dAbjBPl57G&shae=EGpTOkISLMrjgOOj3XeDL55%2FDfzH3RMLOBJFjbfVc2o%3D&sendTime=1563293100&widget_id=1416213

You’re welcome :wink:

1 Like

Looks like there is also a Daniel Craig in a white tux

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/coming-soon-pop-james-bond

Did that literally just get posted?

I got sent the email telling me just before I posted it.

Freaky timing.

I like the look of most of them, but hard to recognize that as Brosnan. Also was interested to notice that rather than give Craig’s white tux a red carnation, they made his handkerchief red.

At pop size I imagine the red carnation was just too difficult for something being mass-produced.

As for Brosnan, this was always going to be a problem, I imagine Dalton will present similar issues.

Didn’t they do the red carnation for Sean? I seem to recall they even just painted it black for the black tux version.

I’ve got the Dr. No variety, just checked, not a carnation in sight.

Give me two secs whilst I find a photo of the regular Sean…

Edit:

He does indeed.

1 Like

There’s a slight indent to the right of the bowtie that I always mistook for a painted carnation, but looking now, it seems to be mirrored on both sides of the bowtie.

I remember being disappointed in just a repaint for some reason, and I recall now that it was they didn’t do a mold to make it a shawl collar tuxedo like in Doctor No, but made it a peak lapel. Looks like they did the exact opposite for Daniel Craig’s.

White tux Daniel Craig is exclusive to the 007 store

$24.00 with shipping! I’ll wait and try to get that one on ebay.

I picked up the Target exclusive Oddjob the other day so I only need the ToysRUs exclusive Connery and Moore in his black tuxedo to complete Wave One.

2 Likes

Anyone here know what is the official release date for Wave 2 of the James Bond Funko Pops, here in the U.S. It seem to be different dates on certain websites. FYE is different from Amazon’s. On Amazon each one has different dates and maybe 2 or 3 of them has dates close to each other, but 3 or 5 days apart from each other. GameStop has no release dates but list them on the site, and for Barnes and Noble and Target none of the Wave 2 are listed on the site. The Funko Pops site has all of them listed with NO release date listed at all. When will it really be in stores here in the U.S…

There isn’t an official release date, more an official “release window” of Autumn (fall) 2019. Most places seem to be guessing at the end of October, but that may just be because that’s mid-autumn.

Arrived last week

2 Likes

M, Moneypenny and the three piece blue suit Craig are on the way. I’m psyched.