News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Malek on Good Morning America

He is an uncomfortable interviewee

Hmm. I think the PTS won’t be Matera, then. The film starts with Bond living in that house in Jamaica. Seems like he could be there for a while, before being brought back into action. Seems to me the Jamaica section has the potential to be fun, with Bond taking it easy.

That was splendid.

Aside from forgetting they started SPECTRE with a title, it was nicely presented. Quick, neat, to the point.

Am amazed that while Malek was officially announced today, that the rumours to today were only very circumspect. But, fantastic.

I was also sceptical of Waller-Bridge’s involvement but superb to have that confirmed too.

I know nothing of the rest of the cast. I will await someone being able to pop them all up somewhere.

Cracking house!

1 Like

Was just thinking the same. Looks like it’s not.

Good that Jamaica is almost guaranteed to be used as Jamaica itself for a location though, rather than doubling for somewhere else.

3 Likes

Extremely disappointing :unamused: I’m just very happy to know Jeffrey is back. But NO TITLE ?..Really, I miss Cubby’s era.

Malek is a powerhouse actor. I see him being as good as Bardem. Jeffrey coming back makes the Craig era feel more complete. Overjoyed at that. I can’t really say “is that it?”. The film is now officially underway, we know the cast members and some details. There are more days than today.

Spine tingling to see the returning cast listed. The Craig era has REALLY knocked it out the park with its regulars.

Also CJF can always talk a really good game, which is good given his lead and lead villain both always seem so uncomfortable doing the press part of their jobs.

3 Likes

Indeed. From what we’ve been told, I can’t see how Matera opens the film.

Craig and cast on Good Morning America tomorrow.

On the subject of the new cast, I’ve taken the liberty of transcribing them for easy reference.
Dali Benssalah
Billy Magnussen
Ana de Armas
David Dencik
Lashana Lynch
and of course Rami Malek

3 Likes

Many thanks.

My first guess at the new cast…

Dali Benssalah - henchman
Billy Magnussen - CIA agent, rival to Felix
Ana de Armas - love interest
David Dencik - secondary villain
Lashana Lynch - MI6 agent, possibly a new 007 if Bond has retired?
Rami Malek - main villain

Must admit, aside Malek, whose work I haven’t seen, and a couple of actors (Billy and David) whose work I have seen but would not recognise in which films or TV episodes they were in, I do not know any of them.

I do love Eon’s remit (I think) to focus on new faces.

We need to see more of this Rory Kinnear as Tanner:

3 Likes

Just speculating…Magnussen’s character is to Lynch’s 007 what Felix was to Craig’s 007. Both Bond and Felix are aiming to fix what their successors couldn’t.

Ana de Armas was in Bladerunner 2049 and is absolutely stunning and lord I am so happy to see she is in Bond 25. Probably as Bond’s bit on the side at some point, if Madeleine meets her maker early on

1 Like

Female lead in it at that. Is Knives Out just Bond 24.5? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is anyone else disappointed/suspicious that only three locations outside Pinewood were shared?