NO TIME TO DIE Spoilers (production pictures & videos)

Miserable critics will predictably cite this as a ‘woke stunt’, but I’m really looking forward to Bond’s relationship with the new 007 – especially after seeing this new clip. I enjoy the competitive agent dynamic that Goldeneye had, or even Hunt and Walker’s relationship from Mission: Impossible – Fallout. If you’re working with your successor there will be tension as each person wants to prove their superiority. Nomi being by the book, with Bond striving for independence and rebelling against the rules.

2 Likes

They have a chance to do something really cool here with the gunbarrel, given its evolution in Craig era movies. SPECTRE is the only one to feature the gunbarrel proper. CR tied it in with its story but without the scrolling circles, QoS and SF had it at the end. There’s no reason it needs to feature Bond. Why not feature “007” instead? It would signify that Bond isn’t an agent at the beginning of the film, which is what all the others do. Plus it would signify to the critics this is something different, troll any toxic fans, and completely subvert expectations. I’m so hoping for this now!

Don’t discount the possibility that the beginning of the film takes place not long after Spectre, when Bond is still 007 and Nomi isn’t. I think there might be a time jump after Matera…

2 Likes

Didn’t the article state that Daniel had just filmed the gun barrel scene, and not that “they” had filmed the gun barrel scene?

I think he’s saying what they could have done with it, not what they did do with it…

At first, I loved the idea of Nomi being in the gun barrel. However, on reflection I think the gun barrel is there to announce a James Bond film, rather than a 007 film. After all, the music is called the James Bond theme, so I’d rather that give Daniel a traditional send off in that respect. I do really hope we get the scene in M’s office that many here have predicted: ‘Come in 007.’ followed by Nomi entering the room. That would hit the perfect note of playfulness in my book.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m cool with that. In the trailer when M asks where 007 is, I think he could be referring to Nomi. Having Nomi in the barrel at the start wouldn’t make sense to the audience anyway, as it’s information they’ve yet to learn from letting the story unfold.

2 Likes

Starting With Nomi in the barrel would be a clever move; so long as the following film shows us why Bond is the only person that can truly fill it.

2 Likes

I will give a journalist £100 if they can write an article about NTTD without using MeToo as a buzz word.

5 Likes

Your money’s safe

2 Likes

Or the film’s production woes.

3 Likes

Here’s an interesting thing - what appears to be a new official synopsis from Universal Pictures Germany. The first to go quite considerably beyond just a rudimentary translation of the existing of ‘peaceful life in Jamaica’ one we got at the start of production:

Eigentlich wollte James Bond (Daniel Craig) mit seiner großen Liebe Madeleine Swann (Léa Seydoux) seinen Ruhestand genießen und endlich ein normales Leben führen. Doch als er glaubt, von ihr betrogen worden zu sein ist es mit der Liebe vorbei. Und zurück in sein altes Leben holt ihn sein alter Freund, CIA-Agent Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright). Der braucht Bonds Hilfe, um einen entführten Wissenschaftler (David Dencik) zu retten. Doch die Mission erweist sich als ziemlich heimtückisch und Bond muss bald erfahren, dass der so gefährliche wie mysteriöse Safin (Rami Malek) im Hintergrund die Strippen zieht und über gefährliche neue Technologie verfügt. Ein letztes Mal muss Bond sich auch seinen Widersachern von Spectre stellen und auch erkennen, dass Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) selbst aus dem Gefängnis heraus, noch über Einfluss verfügt. Diese Gegner kann er nicht alleine meistern und so braucht er unter anderem die Hilfe der neuen Doppel-Null-Agentin Nomi (Lashana Lynch) und der CIA-Agentin Paloma (Ana de Armas).

2 Likes

Doesn’t really break any new ground…

“Actually, James Bond (Daniel Craig) with his great love Madeleine Swann (Léa Seydoux) wanted to enjoy his retirement and finally lead a normal life. But when he thinks she has been cheated on, love is over. And his old friend, CIA agent Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) brings him back to his old life. He needs Bond’s help to save a kidnapped scientist (David Dencik). But the mission turns out to be rather insidious and Bond soon has to learn that the dangerous and mysterious Safin (Rami Malek) is pulling the strings in the background and has dangerous new technology. For the last time Bond has to face his opponents of Specter and also recognize that Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) himself still has influence from inside the prison. He cannot master these opponents alone and so he needs the help of the new double zero agent Nomi (Lashana Lynch) and the CIA agent Paloma (Ana de Armas).”

2 Likes

Was more intrigued before I read this…:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Yea, we more or less knew all of that already.

Well there we go… Fukunaga saying NTTD is not three hours long

3 Likes

But the internet and the daily mail told me…

4 Likes

They wouldn’t lie to you…

1 Like

Both are the picture of honesty and kindness…

2 Likes