No Time to Die theme song

I would’ve taken Sting, but I’m glad it wasn’t Beyoncé.

1 Like

I’m so glad it isn’t Sting, he would have been awful.

And thinking about it, a male singer doesn’t really fit with the tone of this film- Madeleine being the emotional drive of the story (“you gave up everything for her”) and delving into her past.

This Eilish pre-pubesent seems to fit the bill.

Michael and Barbara call the song “incredibly powerful and moving” which heavily alludes to a ballad. They add the song “has been impeccably crafted to work within the emotional story of the film”, which could hint at what Orion and now PPK_30 suggested.

My first thought was “THANK GOD ITS NOT BEYONCÉ…”

Makes me wonder (not too seriously) if Eon or the studio span those Beyoncé rumours just so we’d all be relieved it’s Eilish :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Eilish’s got one track I think is great - ambitiously experimental - the rest are a bit emo-meh. Hopefully it’s more like the former.

But it ain’t Beyoncé :partying_face:

2 Likes

It´s probably the most commercial and attention-grabbing choice right now. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is a really good song, sung well.

1 Like
  • Yes, already interested. Good.
  • Not sure until I hear it, really. Hmm.
  • Ooh… no. No no no.
  • Eh? What? Who? Uh?
  • I’ve drunk wine older than that

0 voters

1 Like

Meh… I absolutely no idea who Billie Ellish is. I’ve sampled a few of her songs on Youtube and am NOT very impressed. Potentially, she does have a voice that could work very well but it all depends on the music. I’ve got my fingers crossed and am trying to remain optimistic. :crossed_fingers: Of course, Daniel Kleinman’s title visuals will certainly be a big addition to help sell the song itself.

2 Likes

I always appreciate the opportunities taken by a series that I have been interested in since a child, to make me feel utterly decrepit.

9 Likes

Billie Eilish saying today “James Bond is the coolest film franchise ever to exist” is what they paid for, not the song.

Hopefully we’ll get a good one, though…

4 Likes

Indeed… I just Googled when Miss Ellish was born…Dec of 2001, which means she was 11 months old when Die Another Day hit screens in Nov. 2002…:flushed: waives cane and threatens the young whippersnappers to get off my lawn! :grin:

5 Likes

That is so depressing I might start to listen to her album.

5 Likes

By the by, all that media coverage now. Aren’t they a tad late for the party?

I just ask because our very own @Arbogast777 reported the Eilish connection (Fukunaga following her on Instagram) a solid 20 days ago

3 Likes

As with other rumours that finally were confirmed by EON, that‘s how they roll these days, probably the best way to ensure longtime attention.

1 Like

Spoiler alert:

Summary

time progresses in a forward direction

Edited because I liked @Dustin’s joke

2 Likes

Put that in spoiler tags.

2 Likes

Unless your film is titled TENET.

4 Likes

I have been coming to this website, in its various forms, longer than this person has been alive. In which time she has contributed to the Bond series and I have… I dunno, had the occasional bath? Sobering thought, although not sober for long.

10 Likes

We have people everywhere…

3 Likes

Exactly

I will say this ALL of my bar staff are engaged and excited about this and those with little interest in 007 are now buzzing about the movie

5 Likes