No Time to Die theme song

I suppose that could happen - though I think many fans will already have bought it.

1 Like

Perhaps if she tweaks it. If she did an extended version or an interesting remix it may get some attention, but I doubt it’ll climb to the top again.

Yes, something like a killer tweak that makes the song THE. BIG. THING. But it would have to reach beyond fans who already have it, or the completists who must have everything.

Well, it is downloads that get you to the top again, that’s why Mariah Carey reaches No.2 or No.3 every Christmas with the same song, as people download it again. The same thing will happen for Billie.

Good point there.

1 Like

My picture disc version of the 7" arrived this morning, so now I have something I’ve never had ever since I’ve been collecting Bond music: I own every official physical music release related to a Bond movie: the three vinyl 7" singles, “smoked”, “iced” and the picture disc, plus the Japanese CD single.
Of course, this is only momentarily. I believe that keeping on track will become rather expensive once the movie comes out (whenever that may be). I have a suspicion that we’ll get many different versions of that picture disc of the soundtrack, one for each character poster on the back side…

Still, happy for now :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Only to be topped by having three turntables on which to play all discs simultaneously…

1 Like

Currently, I’d be happy with just one that works properly… Oh well, Christmas time is near :grin:

1 Like

Nominated for a Grammy Award in category #61, Best Song Written For Visual Media:

3 Likes

It could be the first Bond song winning a Grammy and an Oscar before the film is released!

1 Like

Oscar wouldn’t happen as the film actually needs to be released to be eligible.

Though here’s a funny thing - based on the current April 2 release date, the film will be eligible for the 2021 BAFTAs but not the Oscars until 2022 (!). Eligiblity criteria for the former have a cutoff of April 9, while the latter is February 28.

3 Likes

Deserving, and expected. Billie was a brilliant choice, artistically and in terms of marketing. Hearing the instrumental versions from Zimmer’s soundtrack will make me love it even more.

3 Likes

It´s probably obligatory now for a Bond song to get an award.

4 Likes

Last year the competition…well, I won’t say they were not there. But as ‘mainstream’ entertainment songs go it was indeed one of that rarer breed fans and ordinary listeners could listen to and genuinely like. In my book it’s a ‘deserved’ award - or at least one I’d be willing to defend had I been in any position to grant awards. And if I had the foggiest idea about music in the first place.

Then again, The Science of Awards©® is a tricky thingy obviously not even industry members are able to explain convincingly in every case…

4 Likes

This alone is a mark Bond themes often struggle with, often having to sacrifice one to get the other.

3 Likes

Agreed. I think Bond songs get a bad rap. I’ve really enjoyed three of the past five (You Know My Name, Skyfall, No Time To Die) and can appreciate Writing’s on the Wall from an instrumental standpoint, which helps to redeem the whole. Music is subjective but Die Another Day and Another Way to Die seem to play a big part in the idea the modern songs are hit and miss.

They also get to number one in the UK charts these days which never happened until Sam Smith.

That’s really a totally mysterious category for me these days, charts. And in all likelihood a far more precise analysis tool than when we’ve had airplay and sales figures - only in our respective bubbles of fractured market and stream flat rates we don’t get to notice the big hitters until they hit. Countless names I’ve never heard before - much less of their work - are there among the stars of the industry.

Such is life.

1 Like

Sung by the Choir of the University in Wuppertal/Germany. The guy who does the introduction is Daniel Craig’s German voice, Dietmar Wunder.

6 Likes

Love the guy petting the stuffed cat!!! :rofl:

1 Like