No Time To Die - Trailer #2 (spoilers discussion)

Yes, most likely. I’ve seen BTS pictures from the arrival at the hotel, and she’s wearing the same dress in those.

Something different: in that scene with Bond surrounded by (supposedly) Spectre agents and that kind of spray coming from above, one would think that Bond is in danger of getting poisoned. But when watching that next little snippet closely, one notices that it’s actually the people around him dropping like flies, Curious to find out what this is all about…

2 Likes

Beautiful trailer, but I’m a little worried and afraid now I have seen too much of all the important scene’s of the movie, I wish I didn’t watch it.

1 Like

My guess has been that Safin is killing SPECTRE agents as part of a takeover, perhaps to “make the world a better place”. It would be a question of whether the method can selectively target certain groups, or Bond is also about to collapse but manages to escape/shield himself somehow.

I’m feeling similarly, to be honest. And my unease is not helped by fans on forums enlarging screenshots and circling obscure things in the background to show everyone what they’ve discovered. I check out the “trailer reaction” threads so we can connect over our general thoughts on the trailer, not to have every shot dissected to the point of spoiling the movie.

I guess I should’ve been more cautious going in, and I will keep this in mind in the future.

1 Like

Might be a party to celebrate a merger which actually is a hostile takeover. Everyone meant to stay alive (Safin’s men) gets an antidote before. Goldfinger’s method with a twist. It’s a demonstration of power, so in true Elliot Carver style, there should be some survivors to spread the word that there’s a new force around – Bond being one of them, to break the news to CIA and MI6. But it might be the end of Paloma.

3 Likes

Yes, good point, I think it was discussed before about Bond being given a drink beforehand.

Other observations:

A motorcyclist in the woods gets clotheslined by a wire – Bond’s doing I’m sure.
Swimming with flames visible – Bond trying to escape Safin’s destroyed base?

HD copy from Apple Trailers http://trailers.apple.com/movies/mgm/no-time-to-die/no-time-to-die-trailer-2_h1080p.mov

Edit: and the big fat ProRes copy (skip all the ads) https://forum.vidd.pro/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12

3 Likes

There has been discussion (about every second of the trailer, but…) specifically about the glider / submarine and whether its CGI creation is an issue to be wary of, a la Tsunami waves.

Thinking about this, I do not have a problem whether something has been created in CGI. What I do have a problem is that anything created in CGI is then shown in fast moving fly-by, two centimetres from the camera. This proximity, for me, just calls out that it is a computer generated creation because, a camera would otherwise just not get that close to such objects for fear of wave turbulence etc.

I would wish that people resist that temptation for such shots, Especially in movies that in large part Do Everything For Real.

Still on topic, when the glider hits and goes under the water, there doesn’t seem to be any slowing down of the speed. The resistance of the water should have seen to that.

Picky, I know.

3 Likes

Alternate international cut with some more footage

8 Likes

But drone shots would be possible in close proximity.

Loving that version of the Bond theme

3 Likes

As would kite shots.

But it isn’t a drone and it isn’t a kite. And we’re only guessing it’s a glider because of the wing design.
The thing evidently has propulsion to get through the water.

Anyway, am sure you get the drift.

1 Like

Can you tell that this is not a drone shot?

Drone: An unmanned aerial vehicle (commonly known as a drone ) is an aircraft without a human pilot on board and a type of unmanned vehicle. UAVs are a component of an unmanned aircraft system; which include a UAV, a ground-based controller, and a system of communications between the two.

The fact they’ve squeezed Bond and Nomi in there tends to lend credence.

Sorry, why are we concerned about drones here?? What’s the relevance to CGI and choice of camera shot?

EDIT: I think I understand now. The drone is holding the camera. Not that the drone is the thing being filmed?? If so, yes, I guess so. But the legacy of CGI shots is that the everything is CGI’d, including how close we get to see the thing flying past us. And it is this very legacy that will call out a CGI shot to an audience - I believe.

The vehicle establishing shots are gorgeous. And Craig is really selling Bond being concerned and in genuine peril in the last act - check out his expression as the room floods.

Bull´s eye!

I actually do not believe they built that kind of vehicle and then followed it with a camera drone. It would have been too much of a risk for everybody involved.

Ah finally, our first glimpse at the Atlantic Road. This film is so beautiful. And let me just say, I’m thrilled to see warships and missiles making an appearance once again. This is all looks so good.

3 Likes

I cannot take credit for this, but others have noted some digital trickery between trailers.

As below. Trailer 1 followed by Trailer 2.

Looks like it’s been colour graded, probably post production to enhance the mood of the trailer

No just colour graded.

More buildings and rocks have been added.

1 Like