RIP - Paying Respects to those we've Lost

Best Bond Woman Ever.

5 Likes

That’s certainly true for me. She was quintessential. Beauty and intelligence on every possible level. Sad day.

1 Like

This one hits hard. RIP, Diana.

2 Likes

4 Likes

VERY sad news. I was always struck by her beauty, her intelligence, her wit and charm, and the way she could be sensual at one moment then severe the next. Diana Rigg’s acting talent remains a great study for aspiring actors all over the world. DIana was a landmark for British stage and film. I’ll miss her greatly.

Love you Diana. Thank you for everything. <3

3 Likes

I remember thinking at the beginning of OHMSS that Diana Rigg was was so identifiable as Emma Peel that it affected my appreciation of the role. But over the course of the next almost 2 1/2 hours that impression left immediately. She was a treasure.

2 Likes

Very sad to read this today. Diana Rigg always was a personal favourite of mine and I seldom miss whenever one of the films she was starring in is on the telly.

R.I.P.

1 Like

RIP to a top-tier Bond girl and a fixture of my childhood. I was just watching The Avengers the other day and being impressed (for the thousandth time) at the palpable intelligence and tartness she brought to every line reading.

2 Likes

Oh dear. Very sad.

RIP.

2 Likes

Legend

1 Like

I was fortunate enough to see her Medea which was amazing, and in “My Fair Lady.”

My first experience of her was as Emma Peel. For this gay teenager, she served as inspiration–as a character possessed of wit and style who made her own way.

5 Likes

Very sad news, great actress. She was wonderful as Tracy, and in what I saw of Game of Thrones. She was also great fun as an interviewee on chat shows.

Also a great sport, who, in Extras, had Daniel Radcliffe flick a condom onto her head!

RIP

2 Likes

Very sad to hear. Diana Rigg was great as Tracy. The third main Bond girl to pass (Claudine Auger and Honor Blackman) and all in the past nine months. :cry: She will always be remembered as Emma Peel and Tracy di Vicenzo. R.I.P. Mrs. Bond. You will be missed.

2 Likes

Her acting in the bull fighting scene in OHMSS, from fiercely independent headstrong woman, to vulnerable misunderstood girl, was a testament to her range. And then to see her on Game of Thrones decades later as the thoughtful matriarch was a testimony to her talent and genius. Wish I’d seen more of her work on Avengers.

1 Like

It’s there - the boxed set at Amazon, etc. Includes her B&W episodes as well.

1 Like

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has died. RIP you were a legend and a hero.

…f*** you 2020.

3 Likes

This year blows.

RIP Justice Ginsberg

This year just keeps getting worse and worse. I shudder to think about what the next three and a half months have in store for us.

2 Likes

Michael Lonsdale…

R.I.P.

4 Likes

My definitive Bond villain; such a sad loss

4 Likes