The Rhythm Section (EON Productions)

Indeed. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Moreno’s use isn’t headache inducing shaky-cam, but instead has immediacy and is immersive.

3 Likes
4 Likes

For me peak Greengrass shaky cam was the car chase in Supremacy. Since then he’s been jumping bigger and bigger sharks. That last Bourne movie was a visual mess.

2 Likes

Blake Lively will be a guest on ‘Live with Kelly and Ryan’ on Friday, 31 Jan.

1 Like

There are three other Stephanie Patrick books, and Broccoli is prepared to turn them into a franchise — if The Rhythm Section fares well at the box office.

3 Likes

I liked what I saw in the trailer. Wouldn’t mind this turning into a franchise.

Highlander 2 had a pretty decent trailer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If you didnt get crap film from it being Highlander, it’s on you.

Aw, the original may not be the best movie ever made, but it may well be my favourite.

1 Like

3 Likes

As far as I can tell MGW didn’t attend the premiere. Really feel like he’s winding down his working life…

Also:

"Lively said she injured herself while filming a scene with co-star Jude Law.

‘My hand basically turned to feta cheese,’ she said. ‘I was like, lunging toward [Jude] with my fake rubber knife. My hand collided with his elbow, and I broke some things and dislocated some things and severed a ligament. It was pretty intense.’"

Yikes that sounds pretty gross. Glad she’s okay. I’m rooting for this movie. I hope it’s good. It’d be a nice feather in the cap for EON to find more success outside of Bond.

2 Likes

Something like this is really always in the cards with fight scenes, no matter how experienced the players. It’s just damn bad luck - and then good luck she’s apparently recovered fully. Keeping my fingers crossed she’ll be back in her role in two years…:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

More comments from BB:

3 Likes

First review - as expected and probably a trend: a negative attitude towards the mighty Bond producers wishing to start another franchise cash cow.

And reviewers who are fond of another film and comparing this one as not being more like “Nikita” (which I personally, by the way, did not like) makes me mistrust the judgement.

1 Like

That title fills me with rage, cause I can just see the smug writer doing this;
When he thought of it.

3 Likes

Why would you be surprised though ? It’s this sort of movies that generally do terrible with reviewers. That doesn’t mean we wouldn’t enjoy it. I think we’re giving way too much credence to “critics” and the press in general

1 Like

I should not be surprised, true, and I actually got worried already since there were no advance reviews yet despite the film opening on Friday - usually not a good sign.

It´s just depressing that this reviewer (and probably more to follow) will rather review their envy of EON´s success or intentions.

1 Like
3 Likes

Daily Variety review:

Edit: Be forewarned that this review can be easily seen as going into spoiler territory.

3 Likes