What Bond movie do you feel like watching?

I fancy watching YOLT tonight

Just reached Live and Let Die in my Bond marathon. First time i’ve noticed how little of the film has incidental score.

2 Likes

Double feature time again… Thunderball and For Your Eyes Only…:cocktail:

Just watched Thunderball and so I really feel like YOLT now.

I’m in the mood for From Russia with Love. Just finished the novel for the first time in probably 10 years. Looking forward to spotting the differences.

1 Like

I had been planning on watching The Man with the Golden Gun for a while and decided what better to watch it than on what would have been Sir Christopher Lee’s 97th Birthday.

I was in the mood for something familiar yet completely different, so I chose to watch Deadlier Than the Male (1967), my vote for the most fun and legitimately Bondian of all the 60s Bond wannabes, on Sunday, followed by Masquerade (1965), a wonderful light spy adventure starring Cliff Robertson (and Charles Grey) today.

2 Likes

5 days later I’m getting round to The Man With The Golden Gun. Brilliant score from Barry for the most part, but it is the first appearance of Barry’s Moore iteration of the Bond theme, aka the “here comes the clown” iteration.

And he kept it right up until TLD. I think it worked rather well there, though, showing Bond was still an outlet for fun despite the more serious tone of Dalton.

Believe it or not, I don’t have a huge desire to watch any of them right now. I am halfway through my Fleming-novel marathon and am loving it.

1 Like

I need to do a novel marathon. I need to update collection. I am guessing that I can buy the whole lot on Amazon?

Yea, they are. However, I had to turn to ebay to fill in my collection of the penguin editions from the mid-2000s. Though, if you sign up for kindle unlimited, you can get access to all of the Fleming novels.

1 Like

Taking a break from the Bond films for a bit myself (I’m actually doing a Jason Bourne marathon right now…:smile:) But I do plan on watching the various 007 movies on their respective anniversary dates. June 13th is the 30th of Licence To Kill, June 26th is the 40th of Moonraker, Nov. 19 is the 20th of The World Is Not Enough and Dec. 18th is the 50th of OHMSS.

Right now, Starz has all the Bonds from 1962 to 2004 available. Watched the PTS for FYEO along with Sheena Easton’s title sequence the other night.

Had a small break whilst life got in the way, but now the marathon continues with The Spy Who Loved Me.

XXX sense of style has aged far better than OO7’s has. My 5 year old is LOVING this film, mostly because of Stromberg having a pet shark.

1 Like

We are off to see it in the Regent cinema tomorrow ! For Father’s Day no less followed by a Q&A with Caroline Munroe. Looking forward to it !
You are very on the nose , the late 70s is still a male fashion wasteland.

1 Like

… but what will they say about current fashion in 40 years?

Madeline’s sense of style has aged far better than Bond’s has. My 5 year old is LOVING this film, mostly because of Bond interrogating the mouse.

I’m guessing.

1 Like

That there is none…

Moonraker now, with a glass on Gentleman Jack, in a glass with my name on it, that I won in a Facebook draw the same week I won an Ian Fleming biography in a different Facebook competition.

The only way to appreciate Moonraker.

Also I’m sure Fleming would appreciate me associating his life in Jamaica with an aged bourbon.

EDIT:
“Ah, OO7, you appear with the tedious inevitably of an unloved season”

That line never get’s old

3 Likes