Who do you want for Bond 7?

I don’t doubt he can. When that, argumentaly, cosmetic point is all that’s in your way, you’re in a good place.

We are in a world with an English Superman, two British versions of Batman, and two english versions of Spider-man.

3 Likes

It’s a shame that Poe was never really given his due in the sequels. In Isaac, they had someone with the rugged charm of Han Solo, and as an X-wing fighter, the iconography of the flying ace, which makes anyone automatically cool.

1 Like

He’s also 5’7" !

Craig’s proven Bond doesn’t need to be 6ft, but there’s a point where they’ll need to start digging holes for the leading ladies.

He’s an excellent actor and would make a superb villain; which had been mentioned before Malik was announced.

2 Likes

Raises one Roger eyebrow…

2 Likes

Jack O’Connell (29, Derby)

1 Like

I’m in agreement. They’d need to shoot clever as he’s pretty short, but he’s such a phenomenal actor and presence it’d be worth it.

It will be weird since the next guy will be the first Bond who is younger than I. Those two, right now, look as if they could be my nephews. :wink:

Somehow I’m still watching Bond as the 9 year old who encountered Bond in TSWLM, with Sir Roger at an age in which he could have been my father. So, for me, the perfect Bond will always be in his 40´s rather than his 30´s. Yes, Connery was in his 30´s - but he, no offense, always looked older.

Although I think O’Connell is an amazing actor, he still strikes me as too much of a ‘lad’, lacking the maturity and sophistication of previous Bonds.

For the time being I prefer Henry Cavill, Richard Madden and if he ages a bit more Aaron Taylor Johnson.

I can see why you think that, but I think O’Connell is very adaptable, but even so with the asting of a new James Bond probably not on the cards for another few years, he has plenty of time to mature and prove himself as an actor before any deals are done by EON and Barbara. I think he also a bit more an edge compared to other actors listed.

I also think having a younger Bond offers a new dynamic, I’d like to see a “younger” Bond (mid-30s) interact with an older Felix Leiter for example. Or if they keep Q young, what the dynamic would be with them. I think it offers something new as well as keeping the traditional elements.

Although I do agree with you @Irrigator that Aaron Taylor-Johnson also has potential.

For those who disagree, you should watch these clips and trailers :slight_smile:

His tuxedo game is also pretty strong. https://youtu.be/RcBI9zCvfp0/ Preformatted text

1 Like

I’m right there with you - 50 this year! So as long as Craig stays Bond I’m still younger

2 Likes

I did some fan art @Irrigator

3 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

Sadly we’re all going to have to come to terms with the idea of the next Bond being younger than us. I’m only 34, I’m not ready to be older than Bond!

1 Like

Weird, isn’t it? I’m 31, and George Lazenby was 29 when he had the role.

Doesn’t feel the same though as it was in the past. I’m sure there’s been a shift in the ages of actors going for those sorts of roles. Especially as actors are still playing teens right into their late 20’s.

I feel like a lot of film and TV actors are skewing are younger now. I suppose it’s what’s trendy (do people still say that word? Maybe I’m getting older too!).

I’d argue that there’s an element of pragmatism too. With more and more films being made as franchise starters they have to play the long game with casting. You’re lead actor not only needs to work now but can continue to appear in sequels, spin-offs and team-ups for the next 10-20 years.

1 Like