Who do you want for Bond 7?

Lazenby and Dalton would probably disagree.

3 Likes

Spoiler alert: I didn’t make the cut

Whatevs

2 Likes

Delroy Lindo? Matt Berry???
This list is kind of a joke, but there are a couple of probable Bonds I hadn’t considered, especially Jonathan Bailey and Nikesh Patel.

I have to say that on my first scanning of the list the name that popped out at me the most was Nicholas Hoult

Of the entire pack, he’s certainly the one who looks most like Fleming’s idea of Bond.

But - to quote Jeff Tweedy - I caught myself thinking. And I caught myself thinking once again. The idea of Brosnan doing a one-off as an aged Bond who returns from retirement for one last mission has a certain charm to it. An intermezzo, a crowd pleaser to ease the transition from dead Craig Bond to the “next generation” Bond.

Start the remake series with CR67 and Brosnan. Yay! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

*** ducks and covers ***

5 Likes

Like the look of Alwyn actually. Never heard of him, never seen him in anything. But of all on the list, there’s something in the look that’s different.

stromberg, I’ve never loved you more than I love you right now. I know you’re joking, but it’s so crazy it just might work.

1 Like

Matt Berry please.

Being on any list for the next Bond already says: nope. Never.

Ask Clive Owen, Lewis Collins, Oliver Tobias etc.

3 Likes

Aaron Taylor-Johnson would have been a good fit: 32, 1,80 and not a bad actor. But when he is Kraven the Hunter now I guess he´s out of the race like Cavill

1 Like

I agree about Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Having recently watched him in Bullet Train, I think he could definitely pull it off. Hoping Kraven doesn’t put him out of the running.

2 Likes

Kraven’s not exactly an iconic character on the same level as Superman. If it impacts him at all it’s because the film turns out to be a career ending bomb.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Given he’s now doing The Witcher, Superman and Sherlock Holmes on a regular basis (if The Rock get’s his way) I think Cavill may be out…

2 Likes

He´s too old now anyway…

As we’re on peterparker.net , at 39 he’s a pensioner.

Not like MGW literally said they want someone in their 30’s…

"We’ve tried looking at younger people in the past,” said Wilson “But trying to visualize it doesn’t work. Remember, Bond’s already a veteran. He’s had some experience. He’s a person who has been through the wars, so to speak. He’s probably been in the SAS or something. He isn’t some kid out of high school that you can bring in and start off. That’s why it works for a 30-something.”

3 Likes

I like Cavill as Superman. I would even enjoy seeing him return as Superman.

But I would also have no problem seeing the role re-cast once again. (Yeah, I don’t have to say that for me the best Superman will always be only one actor, so…)

As for Bond - I love the idea that he never should be too young. Heck, I am too old to wish for a 20-something as Bond anyway.

Should Cavill get the chance? I don’t really know anymore. There was a time when I could see him as Bond. And I liked him a lot as the bad guy in M:I FALLOUT.

But since he is kind of overexposed with his many other signature roles I would prefer a fresh face as Bond now. Someone surprising. Someone I did not know before, coming with no baggage.

4 Likes

He´ll be way over 40 until we have a new film…

It would be nice if political parties picked their leaders with the care and forethought that EON puts into choosing their next Bond. Just saying.

11 Likes

3 Likes