Who do you want for Bond 7?

Lazenby and Dalton would probably disagree.

3 Likes

Spoiler alert: I didnā€™t make the cut

Whatevs

2 Likes

Delroy Lindo? Matt Berry???
This list is kind of a joke, but there are a couple of probable Bonds I hadnā€™t considered, especially Jonathan Bailey and Nikesh Patel.

I have to say that on my first scanning of the list the name that popped out at me the most was Nicholas Hoult

Of the entire pack, heā€™s certainly the one who looks most like Flemingā€™s idea of Bond.

But - to quote Jeff Tweedy - I caught myself thinking. And I caught myself thinking once again. The idea of Brosnan doing a one-off as an aged Bond who returns from retirement for one last mission has a certain charm to it. An intermezzo, a crowd pleaser to ease the transition from dead Craig Bond to the ā€œnext generationā€ Bond.

Start the remake series with CR67 and Brosnan. Yay! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

*** ducks and covers ***

5 Likes

Like the look of Alwyn actually. Never heard of him, never seen him in anything. But of all on the list, thereā€™s something in the look thatā€™s different.

stromberg, Iā€™ve never loved you more than I love you right now. I know youā€™re joking, but itā€™s so crazy it just might work.

1 Like

Matt Berry please.

Being on any list for the next Bond already says: nope. Never.

Ask Clive Owen, Lewis Collins, Oliver Tobias etc.

3 Likes

Aaron Taylor-Johnson would have been a good fit: 32, 1,80 and not a bad actor. But when he is Kraven the Hunter now I guess heĀ“s out of the race like Cavill

1 Like

I agree about Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Having recently watched him in Bullet Train, I think he could definitely pull it off. Hoping Kraven doesnā€™t put him out of the running.

2 Likes

Kravenā€™s not exactly an iconic character on the same level as Superman. If it impacts him at all itā€™s because the film turns out to be a career ending bomb.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Given heā€™s now doing The Witcher, Superman and Sherlock Holmes on a regular basis (if The Rock getā€™s his way) I think Cavill may be outā€¦

2 Likes

HeĀ“s too old now anywayā€¦

As weā€™re on peterparker.net , at 39 heā€™s a pensioner.

Not like MGW literally said they want someone in their 30ā€™sā€¦

"Weā€™ve tried looking at younger people in the past,ā€ said Wilson ā€œBut trying to visualize it doesnā€™t work. Remember, Bondā€™s already a veteran. Heā€™s had some experience. Heā€™s a person who has been through the wars, so to speak. Heā€™s probably been in the SAS or something. He isnā€™t some kid out of high school that you can bring in and start off. Thatā€™s why it works for a 30-something.ā€

3 Likes

I like Cavill as Superman. I would even enjoy seeing him return as Superman.

But I would also have no problem seeing the role re-cast once again. (Yeah, I donā€™t have to say that for me the best Superman will always be only one actor, soā€¦)

As for Bond - I love the idea that he never should be too young. Heck, I am too old to wish for a 20-something as Bond anyway.

Should Cavill get the chance? I donā€™t really know anymore. There was a time when I could see him as Bond. And I liked him a lot as the bad guy in M:I FALLOUT.

But since he is kind of overexposed with his many other signature roles I would prefer a fresh face as Bond now. Someone surprising. Someone I did not know before, coming with no baggage.

4 Likes

HeĀ“ll be way over 40 until we have a new filmā€¦

It would be nice if political parties picked their leaders with the care and forethought that EON puts into choosing their next Bond. Just saying.

11 Likes

3 Likes